Sub Help.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kcomps, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Kcomps

Kcomps New Member

I have two KICKER COMP VR in my trunk of my 97 Nissan Altima, it is too bass for my trunk. Do you think if I just had one it would make my trunk rattle less and the bass not sound so distorted?

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

distortion wont change by removing one, drop your bass gain A LOT so the subs keep quieter as u increase volume

3. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

You could drop 1 sub, but then you might not be happy. An alternative would be to get a custom box built with the subs firing foward. If its properly sealed up, the rattling should decrease significantly. Oh yeah, use 1 sub too since a pair is too much. check your gains on the amp too.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

qft, turn your gain down on your amp, check your xover points, rewire the subs to change the impedence at the amp

5. ben.str

ben.str New Member

deffinatly turn the gain down also get some roadkill or some sort or sound damping material that will help with the rattle. take some time out and find where the rattle is comeing form. most times you can simply fix it with some felt or something. unfortunatly some times it is unavoidble.

6. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

if you turn the gain(s) down, your distortion should go away, and there won't be too much bass, so you should be able to keep both subs.