sub box slides around

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 00soul, Sep 10, 2002.

1. 00soul

00soul halfsharkalligatorhalfman

my sub box keeps sliding around in my trunk, constantly readjusting it. how can i mount it so it stays in one place? should i just buy some L brackets and screw them onto the trunk carpet and one of the sides of the sub box?

2. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

a simple fix we use at the shop is staple 4 squares of velcro(stubblely porcupine side, not the furry side) on the bottoms of the box, but if you want a more permanate fix you can use L brackets.:dunno:

3. 00soul

00soul halfsharkalligatorhalfman

hmmm, never thought of that. i would like to beable to take it off quickly so the velcro is probably what i will do. thanks. where can i buy large sheets of velcro and how much for a 1 foot X 2 foot square do u think it would be?

4. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

:dunno:we just use those 1'' wide strips, cut them into a square and staple. be sure you get the staples flush with the box so the velcro actually works.

5. icgraven

icgraven Guest

Is it just the box or the box and trunk carpet sliding around. If the carpet is shifting too, just staple i t down and you should be fine.

6. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Well, what i was going to recemend has already been said...but ill reiderate.

Get some velcro from a craft shop...it comes in many differnt sizes and types, and that should hold it down firmly to the carpet and keep it from sliding.
    If the carpet begines to slide...pull the carpet up, and spary on some 3M Multipurpose Spray Adhesive...spray some on the carpet, and some on the trunk floor...let it dry...then CARFULLY place the carpet back in its stock posision...but remember that once the to contact surafaces meet, they bond in about 3 seconeds, and are stuck together perminantly.

7. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

how does velcro going to help if your car is in accident?

I was at a show earlier this year and one of the competitors got hit from behind and the driver drove off.

the box was pushe throught the truck and into the back seat. far enough forward to break the basket on the passenger headrest. and their was a passenger in the seat! the sube was a shocker, so it was a cast basket,not stamped.

Sorry for the rant, just figured as long as you do not want it to slide , you may want to also side with caution