Sub Box Help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by niSssEanR, May 14, 2007.

1. niSssEanR

niSssEanR OT Supporter

I just bought a 2005 Ford Ranger. Regular cab. I have two 12 inch Infinity Subs. I cant seem to find a box that would fit in the truck.

I checked with a few local stores, and they said that i will have to go custom.

I rather not do that, unless it is truly the last resort. I've checked with sites like crutchfield.com and searched the internet. Didn't really find to much for my truck. Mainly for a truck with an extended cab.

Any idea's, website, tips on what to do?

2. Create

Create :free at last:

What is the mounting depth of the speaker and expected volume?

3. niSssEanR

niSssEanR OT Supporter

The expected volume.. can you tell me more.. I am not good with these things.. all i know is how to install it.

I dont know the depth of the speaker. I never had these issue.

So i guess i will need to find that info out.

4. JohnAG

JohnAG OT Supporter

You'd probably be best off trying to build your own stealth box.

5. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

i'd find smaller subs. the 12's need at least 1 ft^3 per sub. thats a big box in a ranger that doesn't have room anyways.

6. rebs

rebs shares AIDS OT Supporter

in the case of small trucks and well most trucks for that matter, the idea is the build the largest box for the area you have to work with. Ive done 2 12" alpine R's in a ranger and it was probably one of the loudest setups ive heard for the amount of equipment/power.

7. YourMomOnRyeBun

YourMomOnRyeBun New Member

I use to own a business that made custom "made-to-order" sub enclosures...you are in for a challenge to fit those in your truck. Do you really need 2? For that small of a cab, 1 should be plenty.

I know you already have the subs, but people get hung up on size...sounds like I am starting to talk about sex. Anyway, properly setup, in a truck that small you could have a killer setup with 10s or even 8s. Unless you are in dB competitions, your money is really better spent on quality and power. You would be AMAZED what a properly setup 2-8" sub setup can sound like.

The cost of subs goes up exponentially...and with larger subs, you need larger amp(s). So you can get a A++ 8" system for the same price as a B 12" system.

Just my $0.02. I will get off the soap box now. haha

8. niSssEanR

niSssEanR OT Supporter

I am only goin to for 10". I never heard an 8" in my life, so i dont know how that would be. I only want one sub. I know 2 will be damn near inpossible.

I found a place that can custom make a box for 1 10" for about 180, and it will sit behind the passenger seat, causing the seat to be moved forward, 2-3 inches.

My 12"s are up for sale. Here is a link....

http://medford.craigslist.org/ele/332484565.html