StyleLab Technical Jacket Thread

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Gomer, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Gomer

Gomer New Member

As per popular request by ihaveanevilplan...

This is for any technical waterproof based jacket because we all don't live in sunny states. :hs:

2. Gomer

Gomer New Member

For Stangzorized:

Here are the spring/summer offerings from HH in your requirements. Slim, minimalist waterproof jackets.

Mig Jacket - this is more towards your adventure racers as it doesn't have side pockets but rather wrist gaiters (in english: thumb holes) and is ridiculously waterproof as well as nice and slim fitting with a full stretch body. $200

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Charger is a little more style oriented with offset color patching so that if you wear backpacks the coating on that area will make it so the fabric won't wear down due to backpack friction. This one is also a Helly Tech XP waterproofing (15k / 15g) and slightly more structured jacket.

$250

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  3. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

lol
    i was just saying we should stop cluttering up Rika's proxy thread :o

anywho Gomer works for Helly Hanson and is a plethora of information on technical jackets. seems like a lot of people are looking for these kinds of shells for the spring

4. pokpok

pokpok New Member

the black with red zip is :wackit:

5. Gomer

Gomer New Member

:rofl: I know just wanted to give you crap for it.

For sure feel free on any questions at all, I've had a lot of experience with abusing multiple brand's jackets and I'm not very biased only to my personal results with them.

6. Gomer

Gomer New Member

I shouldn't be posting this but...I can't wait to pick up this jacket. From next Winter's Line.

Waterproof Softshell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. pokpok

pokpok New Member

heres the sizing for the jacket i want...

[​IMG]

small
    pit to pit - 23.6in
    collar to hem - 28in
    pit to cuff - 21.7in

medium
    pit to pit - 24in
    collar to hem - 28.7in
    pit to cuff - 22in

is the sizing considered normal for these type of jackets? i dont wanna be swimming in the medium because thats the only size they have left

8. Gomer

Gomer New Member

I'll measure a few of my jackets when I get home today, but how tall are you and whats your weight? I can compare my medium fitments of my very slim fitting jackets and the more box cuts I own with the medium measurements you provided.

Idiom is definitely a very clean design though, it's nice to see a special edition series actually do a shell instead of an insulated.

9. monkeymunzey

monkeymunzey Guest

That blue charger is great looking, as well as the black Mig. Is the Charger going to be around $200 as well?

10. Gomer

Gomer New Member

I'll go back and edit to put in the price but it's $250.

11. pokpok

pokpok New Member

5'8.. 165-170

does 0.4-0.7inches make a huge difference in the jackets? cuz the measurements between small and medium is all less than an inch in size..

12. Gomer

Gomer New Member

I believe it does, I'll check on mine tonight, there is one that I have in mind for fitment check.

Do you want it to fit slim?

13. pokpok

pokpok New Member

yes

14. monkeymunzey

monkeymunzey Guest

Is it available now?

15. Gomer

Gomer New Member

They should start shipping in waves next week for the black ones. At least that's what our national inventory shows for shipment times.

16. monkeymunzey

monkeymunzey Guest

I will buy the blue in a heartbeat...and possibly the darth vader softshell:bowdown:

17. Gomer

Gomer New Member

The Blue Charger? I misread the top apparently, and inventory looks as though it's not even listed which is just insane if isn't produced. Let me look into it a little more, if anything I might be able to get my hands on the sample of it...

The Darth Vader SoftShell is next November, I'll be all over that too when that comes out. :eek3:

18. monkeymunzey

monkeymunzey Guest

yes, the blue charger. That would suck if that isn't produced. Such a nice looking shell. vader softshell FTW:bowdown:

19. ihaveanevilplan

:werd: i just wish it had side pockets :hs:

20. Gomer

Gomer New Member

I'll agree there too, I want the Leaf Green one very bad, because it's a great color in person (and the black hasn't hit warehouse yet) but the no pockets kills me. I like it too much to turn it into strictly a running jacket. :wtc:

21. pokpok

pokpok New Member

any reasons why companies don't put hand pockets on the jackets?

oohh..and what jackets are you currently wearing?

22. ihaveanevilplan

tell the designers to slap some pockets on those bad boys
    BOOM instant doubling of sales

23. Gomer

Gomer New Member

It's only that one without pockets because it was designed for our sponsored Adventure Racers who have no use at all for pockets, its the first jacket they've done like that. I can understand why it doesn't but for 90% of the consumer market it doesn't make sense. Hopefully I'll get to shadow one of the Norwegian designers next time they are in town, getting it set up right now. :noes:

I'll post up tonight with the jackets I have because some are from last year and I have no images of...

24. Marmot

Marmot Guest

For a light jacket that you just want to keep the rain away, I am convinced eVent is the best material. I also think Rab makes the best jackets out there. I picked this up on sale last summer for $197. Blows most other jackets out of the water. Although Montbell makes some that are about as good. Montane also makes a good technical rain shell.

[​IMG]

When it's snowy or I am riding my bike, I love my Gamma SV.

[​IMG]

When it's really cold out, I love my Montbell Alpine Light. It's warm light, soft, and doesn't have any extra shit on it.

[​IMG]

I also have some older jackets I never use anymore. My columbia ski parka is garbage. My frogg toggs are nice, but the hood sucks.

I'm salivating over a Marmot Ion for this summer too.

I guess I am a jacket whore.

25. Gomer

Gomer New Member

eVent is a great fabric. Helly used them for about 3 years (4 years ago), and it was our top of the line fabric, anyone who has had it I know has loved it. We ended up replacing it in our line with our own proprietary waterproofing that is 20k/20g and I love mine.

Montbell is a nice company from the use I've seen, but I haven't seen much Rab in the NW, I'm really eager to find some though.

For insulation I swear by Primaloft, we just introduced a new line for mountain guides called the Odin Collection. The Isolator Primaloft insulation layer is extremely warm to throw under my shells for skiing, I won't touch down in comparison to Primaloft.