Style snowboard crew: Need help with colours

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Movendi, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Movendi

Movendi Techno-süchtige

I have a burton custom 157 and i'll be getting some Salomon dialogue boots (either dark brown or white) so i'm restricted to some apparel colours.

I've came up with colours, tell me what you think (i've included my board in the pics):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you got better suggestions post them up :big grin:

2. Gomer

Gomer New Member

Please for the love of god don't tell me you are matching your clothes to your snowboard. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And most of your choices look outdated, IMO. I'll post some different stuff in the morning.

3. Movendi

Movendi Techno-süchtige

i'm new to the game, what's wrong with that :dunno:

4. Gomer

Gomer New Member

Roughly nobody I know matches their snowboard to their clothes except for new girls (I work within the snow sports clothing industry). Let me come up with some ideas for ya...

5. Movendi

Movendi Techno-süchtige

Fair enough, but i still have to work with either dark brown or white boots.

6. steezebag

steezebag New Member

I would steer clear of those plaid pants

I like the purple ronin jacket the best out of the ones posted too. Worry more about the quality of the jacket.. for that, talk to gomer haha

7. CLOT

CLOT OT Supporter

8. sweetcheeks

sweetcheeks Patron Saint of Quality Footwear

Matching gear....meh. I'm the most mismatched motherfucker on the hill.

Brown jacket, puke green pants, orange suspenders, white boots, yellow helmet. You're not restricted to anything man.

I like that holden green stripe jacket with the purple DC pants though. It should look good. Not sure about the waterproofing rating on the holden stuff though. I think its 10K, which should probably be the minimum. You'd probably want an even higher rating in the pants.

9. Movendi

Movendi Techno-süchtige

Yea i liked the first 1 but i found out 5k waterproof aint going to cut it.

So here are my new choices:

[​IMG]

10. Gomer

Gomer New Member

10,000 mm of waterproofing and 10,000 grams of breathability should be your bare minimum. I've never been wet in 15k+ and my brother has had fine luck with his 10k setup. Anything beneath that shouldn't even be considered. Also, if it's "critical seams taped" that pretty much means they didn't tape all the seams and you can get wet, where as ALL seams MUST be taped to be waterproof IMO.

On to the whole "matching" thing. Please don't buy a matching combo, it just looks as though you are trying all too hard out there. As sweetcheeks said, I'm not matching at all, but it flows.

A good friend who rides with me had a pair of Ronin pants and felt they were terrible on fitment, SUPER baggy and has a pair Holdens now, loves the fit but they have no where near the waterproofing he needs. Just a heads up on those two companies.

I'll throw out a few ideas with what we have out from Helly Hansen this year since I know our line the best since I look at it every dang day. Just in my mind at least, if you are going to do a jacket with a strong pattern or all over print, get a more plain pant to offset and vice versa.

Almost any of our sponsored riders are using this line this year (Lumi):
    [​IMG]

And the other colors from Lumi in 1 size too big on PK (total Park Steezin' Tall T Style :ugh:):
    [​IMG]

From the new EKOLab Line (this green is bad ass in person):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Granite - Great Jacket, comes in BRIGHT Blue too (huge color for the year):
    [​IMG]

The infamous "bright blue" that we have been taking preorders for...
    [​IMG]

Stoneham:
    [​IMG]

Mind you all of these come in roughly 3-4 other colors. It's truly hard to match these up online and better to see it in person especially in regards to fit and color meshing.

11. Movendi

Movendi Techno-süchtige

Cool thanks for the heads up. Yea that holden jacket is 10k/10k but i think it might be alright with the tame australian conditions.

I haven't seen any hellyhansen products on the snowboard sites such as sierra, evogear, proboard. That last jacket you posted looks slick but i'd probably want a reverse of that since i'm terrible at keeping any white articles clean. Are there any 50% with HH products? Who's the best retailer to buy them from? What's the waterproof/breathability rating on the items you posted?

12. Gomer

Gomer New Member

Evogear actually carries HH. They just don't have it on their site yet and backcountry.com has it too. The most common places to find HH are our brand stores or core snow shops, if I remember right we do have a brand store in Melbourne, Hawthorne and Chadstone.

Discounted items are hard to come by unless its an older product, I can't even get it at that price commonly being an employee. But the minimum waterproofing we produce is 10k mm / 10k g, and I posted numerous 15k/15k and we also do 20k/20k.