GUN Stupid Stupiod Stupid Stupid

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SNDP, Oct 30, 2008.

1. SNDP

SNDP New Member

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4651169

Teen seriously injured when sister accidentally shoots him October 29th, 2008 @ 10:00pm
    By John Hollenhorst

A 14-year-old Cedar City boy is apparently paralyzed with a serious neck wound after being shot by his younger sister. The shooting raises an issue police have been warning about for a long time: Toy guns that are made to look like real guns.
    They're called Airsoft guns. They look like the real thing, but they fire plastic pellets instead of bullets.

[​IMG]
    Authorities in Cedar City say an Airsoft gunfight was going on inside the children's house when the incident occurred.
    "That's a very realistic weapon," said Iron County Sheriff Mark Gower. "I have a Walther .22 pistol. This is a Walther Airsoft gun. They look identical."
    While play-fighting in the house with her brother, the 12-year-old girl grabbed a real gun, apparently thinking it was another toy.
    "She pointed it, and it went off," Gower explained.
    The bullet hit her 14-year-old brother in the neck.
    "I feel horrible. I mean, we've grown up with Karen, pretty much. And they're family. So, it's horrible," said next-door neighbor Stephanie Crotts.
    The boy was flown to a spinal injury clinic at Primary Children's Medical Center in Salt Lake, where his parents are at his bedside.
    "They called us this morning to let us know that he's going to be paralyzed from the chest down," Crotts said. KSL, however, has been unable to verify that through official channels.

[​IMG]
    The sheriff says the use of Airsoft toy guns is a major concern. "We've had some incidents in the county in the last few days when children, kids, juveniles have these weapons, and they're driving by each other and shooting at each other," Gower said.
    Gower says his biggest worry is that someday a kid will point an Airsoft gun at a law enforcement officer, and the officer will do what he's trained to do: fire.
    "I mean, it could be tragic. In the past it's happened, and we sure don't want it to happen again," Gower said.
    Another issue authorities are looking into is why a real, loaded gun was accessible to a child. The sheriff says he believes it was in a gun cabinet, but the cabinet was not locked.
    The case will be referred to the county attorney to see if any charges are warranted.

2. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Good God. The real issue is NOT airsoft guns, its the fact that the parents were indeed idiots and fucked up and left the gun accessible to the child.

The issues these days are not airsoft guns, or full auto uzis, or high capacity magazines...its the dumbing down of America and the stupidity that is growing and growing. They just want to legislate anything remotely dangerous out of existence to protect all thsoe stupid enough to hurt themselves with it.

We need dinosaurs again, cause these stupid people would be the ones eaten by them and the stupid gene pool would be eventually emptied.

3. smartypants

smartypants New Member

How the fuck do you paralyze someone with an airsoft gun?

fuckin kids need to drink their milk.

4. SlowTA367

SlowTA367 New Member

:hsugh:

5. Hypnos_VI

Hypnos_VI JENGA!

It wasn't the airsoft gun, itwas the .22 bullet that hit him. Fun fact, the P22 is actually made by the same company that makes the walther airsoft guns... So they do in fact look the same!

6. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Reading comprehension:uh:

7. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

:werd:

8. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

BAN NECKS

9. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

BAN KIDS

10. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Don't leave your fucking guns out when you have your irresponsible little should-have-been abortions running around.

11. Finest

Finest OG #93

BAN AIR

12. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

dont blame the parents, blame the company that made and sold an airsoft gun that looks and feel just like a real gun. the kid isnt going to know the difference. and the parents shouldnt have to teach their kids the difference, nor keep their guns locked up. you never know when a kid will need access to a real firearm.

/sarcasm

13. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Ban sisters!

14. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

It wasnt an airsoft gun.

Fucking users need to learn to read. :rofl:

15. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Irony :mamoru:

16. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

[​IMG]

17. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Yeah yeah yeah.
    I realized I fucked up by post 6
    I didn't delete my post because I have integrity.