stupid stupid creatine question

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by SquirtRussel, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SquirtRussel

SquirtRussel OT Supporter

ok so i have never really used any supplements religiously during my bulking/lifting routine, other than eating healthy and a multivitamin... at the moment i think i have hit a plateau and am in a rut, slowly losing weight and strength (partially to digestive problems, its hard to eat alot lately)

ive bought some weight gainer (12lbs of serious mass) and am going to take a shake post workout from now on to boost my calorie intake...

my real question is about creatine, i actually dont know that much about it, i looked into it a couple of years ago and was told to stay away from it due to gaining alot of water weight which is not what i need. so my question is does creatine simply help with recovery and strength increase? what are your reviews? ive heard alot of talk about CEE lately and dont know much about it, is it a supplement worth spending my money on?

2. SquirtRussel

i really think my #1 problem is my diet and current lack of appetite and calories... sometimes i even smoke weed (which i usually never do) simply to get my appetite up. :hs:

3. glacius

glacius New Member

search, theres tons of threads about cee, i know i just was reading through them last night

4. SquirtRussel

yeah ok, i checked the stickys and read the archives posts about creatine.... ill search arount about CEE, if anyone else has some input or personal reviews then that would be appreciated too.

5. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

Cee (ethyl-ester) is great stuff, I take it & love it. It has been suggested that long term use can cause liver/kidney damage but there have not been any conclusive studies proving this (as far as I know). People who warn you not to take it because of supposed health risks are retards and don't know what the fuck they're talking about. However if your worried about it, I suppose you could stack some milk thistle to help protect the liver

I'd also suggest some NO2 along with the creatine. It gives you a great pump and helps with cell volumization. It's available in a caplet or a pre-workout mix w/ water. I like the caps but have a buddy that swears by the NO-explode liquid stuff, whatever floats yer boat.

Finally and most importantly work on your diet and work on eating ALOT. These supplement on their own wont do a whole lot if your not feeding your muscles enough. If your having trouble with digestion try some flaxseed oil with your meals.

6. SquirtRussel

yeah thanks for the input, im mostly only considering getting supplements after i start eating regularly again :bigthumb:

7. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

All that shit is a waste of money...eat lift eat sleep eat lift ect...

8. spitfyre

spitfyre OT Supporter

I was also interested in this but was advised by my trainer to start slowy get my weights up get my protein/diet in order than get into the supplements so far so good

9. spark plugs.

spark plugs. beautiful. OT Supporter

fixed.

10. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

you will gain a bit of water weight with creatine (if you drink enough water, you better drink a ton of water while taking creatine to get good benefits and avoid cramps) but the recovery assistance is awesome, I swear by creatine and Protein shakes with good multivitamin and tons of lifting. lack of appetite i can't help you, i have the oposite problem lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.