GUN stupid state laws

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by silversilvia, Jul 1, 2006.

1. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

was driving back from out of town today and saw a gun shop on the way. saw a nice CZ52 which looked pretty new except the grips. cycled smooth and eveything, finish was nice prehaps it was refinished/parkerized. the price was $169.99.

IF missouri didn't require a Permit To Aquire and to wait 10 days in my county for sheriffs approval i woulda totally bought it. too much work to wait that long and drive 2 hours to STL again.

can u buy guns on saturday? i know they have to call in and do a back ground check and stuff.

anyways just making conversation.

2. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

In CT, you have to be a CT resident and have a CT carry permit to buy a handgun from a dealer, won't even let you look at a handgun unless you have one. You can buy Mon-Sat. You show your permit, fill out the I'm-not-a-douchebag paper and a short transfer form, the dealer calls or nets to the state firearms unit, instant background check, then you walk out with gun.

I don't recall if the state firearms unit has Sun hours, nor do I recall exactly what the daily hours are, something like 8am-8pm.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Illinois makes us wait 3 days to buy a handgun, but we have missouri blown out of the water on the permit to buy thing.

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NY is pretty much the same way have to have a NY permit or they wont even let you touch it. Then once you pay for it you got to goto Police HQ and have that gun added onto your permit ($10 fee) :greddy:

5. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

You wanna talk about stupid state laws. Go ahead and bitch, but at least it isnt as bad as CA.

6. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

in wi, you pay for it and background check, wait three days, go pick it up and youre done. all the registration stuff is all taken care of with the background check.

for rifles and shotguns you pay, fill out some paperwork, then leave. can be done in less than 15 minutes

7. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

Fuck, what county are you in? I'm in Cape county, and it's like a 10 minute wait on the permit, and you're good to go.

8. daviid

daviid cell tower tech

you can also get a Pistol Eligibilty Certificate, which allows you to buy and bring home, and i believe go to the range, but you cannot carry on your persons. its stupid because to get it, its the exact same application and process as a License to Carry Pistols & Revolvers

9. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

In Texas you have to ... oh wait, Texas is cool as shit about guns. Fill out the transfer form, they call, you pay, 10 minutes total transaction time.

If you have a valid CHL they don't even call. The CHL license gets entered on the form as an additional form of ID and you are all set.

10. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

Boone. i know some county's u have to go to the gun store. pick out a gun, bring a little paper to the sheriffs (with serial number and model and crap), get approved, then buy a gun.

some just go pick em up the same day, but boone wants u to wait 10 days >:|

no impulse buying ever.

11. Big Daddy

Big Daddy New Member

FL is awesome, you have a 3 day wait if you dont already own a handgun.. If you have the receipt you are exept.. and you dnot have to register them either.. If you buy it from a private individual you just give him the cash and he gives you the gun..:)

12. striker754

striker754 Chillin

CO > all states

13. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Even Denver?

14. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Denver has some toned down version of the assault weapons ban. 20 rounds or somethin, etc etc Supreme Court was deadlocked on it thouhg so lower court ruling stood

Doesnt bother me though. I was talking about CO, not Denver.

That owns all. And no action either if you justified in stopping a felony with force.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  15. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

Wow, that sucks. :sadwavey: