GUN stupid shooting question matrix style

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Grouch, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Grouch

Grouch Guest

now I know holding a gun in each had and trying to actually hit something is a pretty far fetched idea and dangerous on top of that. but has anyone ever gone out and acted out their matrix fantasy and tried that before when no one what around.

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

That is called acting stupid with a gun, which is a no-no when you shoot a gun, its not a toy. If you have matrix fantasies you shouldnt get a firearm you should have your mommy take you to the toy store and get a cap gun

3. NormanNormal

NormanNormal Where it all ends I can't fathom, my friends...

I hope you don't actually own any guns... anyway just buy some airsoft weapons and you can act out the matrix all day/night long.

4. Grouch

Grouch Guest

:rolleyes:

Holy fuck no shit. Get a fucking grip, it was a simple question meant to garner a humorous response. :slap:

5. lvkyle

lvkyle I am a punk rocker!

Buy max payne or counter strike or something

6. atomlowe

atomlowe meh....member

I've been at the range when a buddy of mine tried this. Absolutely no accurancy and a waste of money IMO. Kinda dangerous since I know of only one person that could possibly shoot weak hand rapidly and this wasn't him. The scary thing is you notice the guns will start to climb and get closer towards each other. Pretty hairy if you ask me.

Then we busted out the shotguns.

7. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

(Sheepish look)
    OK, I have done it. I used a Norinco 1911 and a Springfield 1911. It wasn't as cool as it looks on film. You brain only can really shoot one gun at a time.

Cooler is the New York reload, after emptying one gun drop it and pull out another instead of reloading. Works best with guns that already have bad finishes.

8. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i've never shot with both hands at once, but i shoot equally well with both hands, with pistols. not with rifles, because i don't shoot lefty enough anymore to keep up the stabilization muscles on that side.

shooting with two guns at once is dumb. if you can switch your focus like that, you can just move the pistol where your eyes go, and actually hit things.

9. soccaian

soccaian New Member

could always try it with a couple of .22's

10. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Sorry I dont take shooting a gun carelessly humorous

11. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

I've tried it w/ two 1911s. It lost its novelty after about 3 rounds from the right hand and two from the left. It is pointless.

However, I would congradulate anyone who could effectively master this technique. This, my friends, is something that only works in the movies.

12. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Relax. With a proper backstop there's nothing unsafe about shooting two pistols at once. I've tried it but it isn't what I would call an effective fighting technique.

13. NormanNormal

it may not be effective but it looks so cool when Keanu mows down the security guards with mp5k's.. :big grin:

14. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I have also tried the gangsta shooting sideways thing and that too is equally worthless.
    Maybe only of use in a drive by to keep your brass in the vehicle

15. Grouch

Grouch Guest

OMG none of you should be allowed to own guns. You have no respect for their power. They can kill you!

:mamoru:

16. lvkyle

yeah guns are far from toys. Never let your guard down around them and always be safe.

As for shooting two handed. Well the cowboys and bank robbers did it in all the old wild west movies ive seen. But they are just movies.

If you were smart you would pratice drills like dropping your rifle and taking your pistol out of your holster and chambering a round.
    Real life senarios are what you want to have fun with. Not shooting two guns in one round.

Remember, rarley in a combat sitsuation will someone rise to the occasion, they will most likley fall back to their training.

17. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Yeah but you cant just drill all the time, gotta mix it up a little, though shooting accurately two handed is almost fucking impossible :o

18. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

dropping your rifle? yeah, let's just pretend we're french for a minute, and let gravity go to work. let's test newton's laws by drop-testing our rifles.

and who the fuck carries without a round in the chamber? if you carry an UNloaded firearm for defense, you're carrying a paperweight. you might as well throw it, because you'll be dead before you can grab ahold of a slide and chamber a round, then aim and fire. that's retarded.

so much for your real-life scenarios.

19. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

If I was smart I would.....
    Get a sling for my rifle. Keep my pistol loaded and CHAMBERED. Get some professional training so I know what "combat" drills to practice.

20. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

No, but I have a bad habit of twirling my gun around my trigger finger after every shot.

21. NormanNormal

:eek3:

22. lvkyle

In a combat situation u have to be ready for anything. Say your rifle jams, runs out of ammo, gets hit by a bullet, ect. You want to toss it then draw your pistol from your holster and chamber a round.

Unless you are carrying cocked and locked 1911a1, or some other double action I wouldn't carry with a round in the chamber to prevent accidents. Also I find it best to keep the chamber empty anyway because knowing that your chamber isn't empty then pulling the trigger to find out it is, would really suck.

Anyway I guess most of you here arent military and wont be walking around iraq with a m16 in their hand and need to pratice dropping rifle and drawing pistol so say what you want.

23. Grouch

Grouch Guest

if its good enough for Doc Holiday its good enought for me. ;)

24. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Wow.

What training have you had?

25. atomlowe

atomlowe meh....member

huh?