Stupid question for the DSM guys

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Synner, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Synner

Synner New Member

I recently bought an '86 Dodge Ram 50 that doesn't run. Bunch of little problems, cheap fixes for almost everything, the guy just didn't want to take the time to fix everything, so I picked it up for $50.

I was talking to a friend of mine about rebuilding it, he brought up an interesting idea....it's got a G63B in it. He's got an eclipse GS-T. What are the odds that internals and everything could swap between motors? They're both 2.0's, so could it be a possibility?

And if it's possible, how much work do you think it'd be to pull an intake manifold/ECU/everything else related and wire it all up so I could keep the 2.0 and have it fuel injected? If it's possible, he's got a few parts cars, so getting parts wouldn't be an issue....I think it'd be fun, honestly. But is it doable?

2. Turbo911

Turbo911 Guest

I believe the G63B is SOHC. Versus the 4G63 which is DOHC. Problem #1. ie; plugging cooling passages, possible machining of ports on deck. As for internals if the donor 4G63 is a 6-bolt the rods I'm thinking the rods will work.

I've never performed this swap but honestly I wouldn't bother if I were you either. You are talking about making a frankenstein-like motor that is really not worth the hassle.

But this CAN be done, anything is possible with enough money and fabrication skills. wink wink

Keep researching this if you are serious and try some DSM sites.

Cheers.

3. illeagle94

illeagle94 New Member

I'm pretty sure a wide block 4G63 will bolt up to the Mighty Max (D50) trans.

I don't know exactly how it is all done, but I know that there is more than a handful of people that have placed a 4G63 into a Mighty Max.

4. Eclipsed830

Eclipsed830 Active Member

Correct sir.