GUN Stun Guns

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

In my neighborhood, a couple of pit bulls got loose and attacked a women walking her small toy poodle, the lady was fine but the pit bulls killed her small dog.

Well we have a small dog too and I want to get my mom something that she can take with her when she is walking to prevent something like this from happening to our small dog.

What would you guys recommend? (an actual firearm is out of the question, my mom is paranoid about them and would probably end up shooting herself in the foot or something)

I'm thinking a stun gun would be perfect, would you guys agree or do you have other suggestions? And if you think a stun gun is sufficient, what voltage or rating would you recommend that would be enough to instantly bring down a LARGE pitbull/dog?

Thanks a lot and any advice is appreciated.

2. Dranian

Dranian (..)

they make dog deterrent products. i dunno where they sell them but look for those before trying to teach her how to use a stun gun on a dog.

3. Accord

Accord New Member

I saw some of those, they're like little devides that emit a high pitched noise but I don't have much confidence in them stopping a rabid pit bull.

I was also looking at tazers and they seem perfect, but what happens if you miss the target? In a panic situation I highly doubt my mom would be able to aim the tazer accurately and whatnot...

4. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

5. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned