MIL stuff v. 11ty

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by EYOB, Dec 4, 2009.

  1. EYOB

    EYOB Guest

    The unit I'm going to be assigned to (3rd Bat, 69th Armor Reg, 1BCT, 3ID) is deploying next month according to staff duty at fort stewart reception. I'm gonna call again tomorrow to verify this and get more info. Trying to figure out exactly when and to where, if possible. And most importantly, I'd like to know if I'm staying back or if they are taking me with them.

    I'm going to drive there saturday. I have to report there by monday. drive should take 16 hours & 1,000 miles. father will fly out to visit and drive it back home to dallas when/if I deploy.

    I'm gonna transfer my pc media to my 250 gig xbox 360 hard drive, that is, if I get the chance to actually use it. i guess i'll sell it on craigslist if I'm really going to be gone for a year.

    I'm getting goosebumps. And for that reason alone, I don't actually think I'll be deployed. :dunno:
     
  2. MassiveGas

    MassiveGas OT Supporter

    Joined:
    May 15, 2007
    Messages:
    18,863
    Likes Received:
    37
    Location:
    Cary, NC
    you'll probably deploy late
     
  3. EYOB

    EYOB Guest

    Someone told me that as well. Some are waiting for their wives to give birth, and I might deploy with them. I was also told it will take 1 to 2 weeks for me to in-process.
     
  4. Cyan Connect

    Cyan Connect Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra. OT Supporter

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2005
    Messages:
    5,980
    Likes Received:
    97
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, or with several grains of salt ... but it seems like you have a 34% chance of not deploying at all and a 66% chance of coming in towards the end of your unit's pre-deployment training/processing and deploying with your unit either on time or up to a week, month, or two months later.
     
  5. EYOB

    EYOB Guest

    At this point, as far as I can tell, 1BCT is deploying this month and I will catch up to them in Iraq next month.

    EDIT: Oh, and it's boring here.

    EDIT2: Told to check out Clemson, SC instead of Savannah, GA in order to have a good time.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2009
  6. kazimer

    kazimer New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2002
    Messages:
    27,714
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Maryland
    You will deploy, whether its on time or late. 3ID doesnt fuck around and they deploy any able bodied soldier.

    Goodluck and stay safe out there.

    Define your idea of fun? I went to Savannah and absolutely loved it down there. If you are looking for a college atmosphere, then yeah you would be better off in a college town.

    IF you do go out. Be smart, get a taxi and dont drive drunk. You will still deploy but come back a billy badass combat infantryman E-2
     
  7. Gatsby

    Gatsby New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2005
    Messages:
    18,747
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    nogerO
    One thing about the Xbox 360, you have to be connected to the internet to play video at times. I learned that the hard way in iraq :hsugh:

    DVDS are ok, but shit from harddrives is no good.

    Oh I will pray for you since you are going to 3ID
     
  8. Gatsby

    Gatsby New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2005
    Messages:
    18,747
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    nogerO


    hinesville sucks, savannah sucks to live in, the drive on 144 can go to hell. I made that trip for 2 years!
     
  9. kazimer

    kazimer New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2002
    Messages:
    27,714
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Maryland
    truth :o
    hinesville is a wasteland. i used to think columbus was bad until i went there
     
  10. EYOB

    EYOB Guest

    I'll try to sell the 360 on craigslist in this area. $400 360 (w/o tax) and two other games. I'm here at the library using a public PC and would like to have a laptop instead.

    I went to Savannah last night with 3 other soldiers. I was told that there is a lot of crime in the area... Being black, I noticed the various glares in my direction. I don't think I can walk around by myself comfortably in that area (downtown stripmall). We tried to find something to do, 2 of the guys got tattoos and I'm convinced and will decide on a first tattoo on a later date. We were a few blocks from riverside and decided to check it out later, but with this gas guzzler I'm driving, I decided to hold off till the next pay period. And I'm in the process of notifying my chain of command that I'm getting paid for my rank but not my time in service. I suppose by the next pay period or the one after I should get a pay bump (back pay). It should be about 4 months before I can attain specialist.... again.

    I'm still with inproccessing until Wed/Thurs. Then I will find out for certain if I am deploying soon. Father wants to come over to visit and drive my vehicle back home before I deploy. So far, it seems I might deploy on the 22nd, or next month. And my new set of order don't show me with 3/69. It just says 1BCT Replacement.
     

Share This Page