A&P Studio Lost Our Photo - Options? or SOL?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Astro, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

Ugh. My wife and I went with a photography studio for shooting our wedding. That went great. A couple months before the wedding, we dropped off a photo that was of her grandmother and great grandmother (we think the photo may have been taken around 1890s in Russia). The hope was a copy could be made and possibly restored or touched up (I suck at Photoshop and felt this picture is worth having a professional work on it). Well, almost two years later, the studio can't find the photo.

We are partially at fault. We got sidetracked with the wedding and getting the wedding content back, we had forgotten about the picture. I have been bugging the photographer for the past couple months, almost once a week, and so far no luck. He just tells me to be patient and he is looking.

Do I have any options besides being patient? Or are we SOL and consider the photo lost? Any thoughts?

2. t0tz

t0tz New Member

Im sure its just laying somewhere in their studio. Give em time to sort through thousands of photos.

3. PEnGUiN188

PEnGUiN188 New Member

sue them

edit: sorry, im talking to my lawyer, hes talking about this hilarious case case of people who sue people to make a living.

aka milking the system.

4. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

I'm not sure suing would get any where. We still wouldn't have the photo. Plus, we don't have any paperwork (or receipt) saying we dropped the photo off (basically, our word against his). And how do you put a price on a photo with that many memories attached?

I'm thinking to keep bugging him once a week for the next 4 weeks or so. I think after that, we are out of luck.

5. PEnGUiN188

PEnGUiN188 New Member

If you sue them, it gives them a whole hell of alot more incentive to find your photo, and quick.

But if you have no record of giving it to them. :ugh: