Studio Living Advice

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Joshua, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Joshua

Joshua ambition over everything OT Supporter

Sep 10, 2007
    Hey guys,

I've gone through all the loft threads and I've searched for studio threads but I haven't quite found what I'm looking for. All of those are great but they're places with much more space than mine so I'm looking for some advice or perhaps some resources to help point me in the right direction.

Here are the details: 500sqr foot studio. Hardwood floors with black granite counter tops. Here is the floor plan:

My particular unit doesn't actually have the walk out balcony just a ceiling to floor window. The entire right most wall has an absolute ton of storage so that is great and behind the laundry room is a desk built into the wall with a granite top.

You guys are great and finding a way to get the max out of a small space but I can't find any place to start. As a single guy living by himself I've always had large places with way multiple rooms and now I'm trying to cut back to the minimalist approach. I have a queen bed which I really don't want to get rid of and that is the only set in stone piece I have. I have a 46' television with a wallmount, so I can wall mount that somewhere. However, I also have a 30 inch monitor for my desktop which I could double as a television if I wanted and get rid of the 46' TV.

Thoughts and input greatly appreciated. FWIW I did ravage teh post your own cribs thread and loft thread but didn't really find anything too useful. :(
  2. level99

level99 Guest

desk, sofa, bed, sideboard w/ a flatpanel on top. and an area rug. then ur set
  3. level99

level99 Guest

this my current set up, dont mind the dumb red ikea locker sideboard tho. i'm gonna replace it w/ an eames 100c soon
  4. level99

level99 Guest

i'd say get rid of the desktop pc and get laptop too.