A&P Studio Lighitng Kit?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Tensai81, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Tensai81

Tensai81 OT Supporter

Just got a tentative offer to do a photoshoot with a coworker of mine. She wants to do an implied nude 2010 calendar for her SO :naughty:. I currently have a Canon 430exII (with access to a second if needed) with a couple of umbrellas I can use. I've used these in many situations and it seems to do what I need to get by.

I'm heading out of town in a few minutes, so it'll be Friday before I can get back to this but have a couple of questions:

A) Would it be beneficial to look into a studio lighting kit knowing that I would only use it maybe 3 or 4 times a year at the most (at my current rate of photography outtings) ?

B) If I get a kit, would it be compatible with my current flash (i.e. lighting temp, cactus triggers v2 compatible, etc.) or would I be stuck using only one or the other if I needed two light sources?

C) with a budget of $300-$400 what would I get :x:

Thanks OTAP! :wavey2:

2. mojito

mojito New Member

don't forget you can rent kits. you can get good shit for 50-100 a weekend.
    depending on the style you want, a key (main) light, fill, and hair light might be necessary, and a background light if its inside. if you have to ditch something, forget the hair first, then the fill and use white foam core (large shiit of it) as the fill from the main light.

3. Tensai81

Tensai81 OT Supporter

I got the gig :run: any info on rental houses?