GUN Student Dies After Prop Gun Discharges Before Play Performance.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by HisXLNC, Nov 18, 2008.

1. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,452811,00.html

ST.GEORGE, Utah — A 17-year-old Washington County high school student died Saturday after firing a blank-shooting prop pistol used for a play.

Authorities say the Desert Hills student died from head injuries. The pistol was found in the student's hands shortly before the play "Oklahoma!" was scheduled to begin.

St. George Police Captain Bruce Graham says there were no bullets in the gun, but the gas in it has the same energy that a bullet does.

The boy was the only person in the sound booth when the cast of "Oklahoma!" heard a loud noise at approximately 6:20 p.m., Graham said.

The boy was taken to Dixie Regional Medical Center, but died about 10 p.m. as hospital officials were preparing to airlift him to a Las Vegas hospital.

The boy's name has not been released.

"I'm uncertain of the condition or circumstances of this unfortunate situation," said Marshall Topham, assistant superintendent of secondary education for the Washington County School District. "We're shocked and saddened to learn of it."

The cast and crew was rehearsing for the play just before their performance when the incident happened. Chase Leary was inside the high school's theater when he heard the prop gun fire.

"All I heard was screaming, and someone saying call 911," Leary said.

He said most people inside the theater were crying.

"I'm pretty overwhelmed," said Randy Johnson, a stage hand for the play, who wasn't inside the school when the shooting happened. ""He is a pretty close friend of mine."

Graham said detectives are investigating the incident.

This is the second time police have been called to the school as a result of a prop gun.

Police responded to the school on Oct. 10 after students reported seeing a person enter the school with a gun. The person who entered the school was actually a drama member with a prop gun for the play.

---------

Darwin approves. :doh:

That's what happens when you violate all 4 of the rules.

2. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

That reminds me of one of the Hitman games when you sneak into the dressing room and switch the prop gun for a real one, then cruise back to your seat and watch the actor shoot himself in the head.

3. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

Its like No Country for Old Men (I think) when he kills the people with the compressed air tank.

4. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

i must play this part of this game

5. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

You actually switch out the prop gun and then the actor exectues your target with it. You can also kill the actor and take his outfit and you can kill the target yourself w/ a real gun. When everyone's panicking you just slip backstage and make your way outside. :bowdown:

That's my second favorite level in that game, second only to the kid's birthday party level :bowdown:. Clown massacre FTW

[​IMG]

6. SNDP

SNDP New Member

Was not a prop gun, they are now saying it was a real gun with blanks. Unfortunately that gas goes somewhere regardless. Just goes to show the tilt that media has. If this were Kalifornia it would have been an assault pistol. They are going to nail whoever got the kid a real pistol to be used as a prop.

7. xpinchx

Yeah pretty much. In MI it's illegal to lend anyone a pistol unless you both have a CPL.

8. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Wow...

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

Oklahoma was never like this

10. xpinchx

11. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

I dont disagree to me if you load a gun with blanks and use it as a "safe prop" you obviously dont know enough about how a gun works. I mean shit did he think that the gun powder in the blanks just vanshess into thin air and creates no pressure or muzzle blast?

At point blank a range a blank can easily kill somoene

12. BROKE

BROKE Mr. Selfdestruct

wrong, the air sompressor makes the handle shoot a medal rod out, its not just compressed air

13. oakback

oakback New Member

Isn't that how the actor died in that movie "crow"? The paper from the blank killed him, right?

I can never beat that damn mission.

14. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

say what?! thats the best damn mission in the game, tranq the guy taking a piss and take his worker uniform, go and switch the prop for a real gun, then go upstairs and attach a bomb to the lighting system, walk out, change your clothes and wait for the scene, then when the secondary target runs up to check on him, bam, drop the lighting, then walk out like noe one is the wiser:bowdown:

15. Finest

Finest OG #93

I'm not familiar with the play, but does it have a scene where the actor shoots himself in the head?

16. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Its a shame that kid never had any firearms safety training to know how to properly handle a gun. You'd think it would be common sense to not put a gun to your head and pull the trigger but I think people would do it a lot less when fucking around if they were taught the 4 rules. Of all the dumb stuff that we did in PE class in high school I dont know why gun safety wasn't a lesson.

17. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

My bad... he doesn't shoot himself in the head, but if you switch the gun, someone else will shoot him for you. Sorry. It's been a long time since I played.

18. xpinchx

I think he meant the play Oklahoma.

19. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

In Oklahoma, they just shoot the guns in the air.

20. BROKE

BROKE Mr. Selfdestruct

sorta

"On March 31, 1993 at EUE Screen Gems Studios in Wilmington, North Carolina, there were eight days left before shooting of the film was to be completed. The scenes involving Lee and Shinas' characters in their apartment had been saved for the end of filming so that Lee could work the final week without makeup.[2] In the story, Lee's character is shot and killed by Michael Massee's character. Weeks prior to the event, a scene was being filmed that required dummy rounds to be shown being loaded into the handgun. Inexperienced crew members, who were being pressured by time constraints, purchased live ammunition, removed the bullet, dumped the gunpowder, and then replaced the bullets back into the empty cartridges.[3][2]
    When it came time to film the scene where Michael Massee shoots Lee's character, the same gun was loaded with blank cartidges. Unknown to the crew, the bullet from one of the dummy rounds had become lodged in the barrel of the gun. When the gun was fired, the propellant in the blank rounds—which is used to give the visible effect of a gunshot—dislodged the bullet, which was sent into Lee's abdomen."

21. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

This actor died the same way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum

22. Finest

Finest OG #93

Yea, that.

23. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

Thats it, I have horrible memory with movies.

24. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

it's one of those things they use to stun cows before they slaughter them

25. BROKE

BROKE Mr. Selfdestruct

lol, if by stun you mean shoot a 3 inch long metal rod into their brain then yes