SRS stuck in negativity

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Low, May 20, 2007.

1. Low

Low New Member

here's the jist. i make techno / ambiant / trance music on my computer... but i hate it all. people tell me it's awesome, but i usually don't believe them and i myself think it's shit. i know i have it in me to make some decent shit but i can't. i've made and deleted upwards of 90 songs so far... how the hell to i accept my work?

2. bheld

bheld I'm paying you with your own money...

You really just have to trust other people to tell you the truth. The guy that wrote the classic children's book where the red fern grows destroyed his first manuscript of it when he got married because he was embarassed and thought it sucked. It took him years to rewrite it after his wife encouraged him to do it. You should at least save your work, even though you hate it.

3. HyPE

HyPE ::OTTC Crew #2839::

post some samples of your work here mang! maybe people are telling you that its awesome cause they dont want to hurt your feeling, so post some of your work and we'll be honest! :)

4. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Yeah put some of it up on here and this is probably the best place for people being completely honest.

Everyone will share their opinion.

5. Low

Low New Member

good idea. i'll make a few things and throw a myspace together or something. then you guys can insult me.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You need to stop being your own worst enemy, and for once be damned satisfied with what you make.

I also had to make this realisation once in my life, namely that : Negativity leads to nothing.

What can grow if you constantly destroy the ground by stamping on it with negativity, the answer is nothing.

So in order to create something, a positive ground is necessary. Its like a lap of farming ground, it needs water,good weather, attention and love, or in other words the gathering of only + 's and the more the better and not -'s to spark into a succes.

You are like a person who builds a house, then sets it on fire because your dissatisfied with it, but what do you have left then. Nothing. This is why negativity leads to nothing, its not just about you being dissatisfied, its also about the course and what you have left,which is nothing after you displayed your negativity.

Negativity is a destructer therefore, while positive is a building block.

There are only three directions in life, down where death lies, stay where you are and go in circles, or up where an improved life lies ahead, the first 2 are worthless and lead to nowhere, this is important because it means you can set the course of your life, to the only direction that is valuable ,namely upwards towards into progress. It doesn't matter from there on wether you win or lose in life, you simply keep on following the positive course, that way you can ALWAYS be confident no matter what happens, because you know that going for gold in your life is the only right way to live.

7. Low

Low New Member

wow. thanks. really.

8. 2500

2500 Guest

yeah, its true man. we are our own worst critics. just believe in what you do. i tried my hand at making the same kinda music, and its really hard. most of my stuff was 2-3 min long at most, and it was very random and had no drive, lol. post some of it up, but stop beating yourself up over it. music is art. and, the less you just let yourself go and express yourself in it, the worse it'll be. if you come down on yourself every time you finish a track and "try" over and over again, it takes the soul of it out and puts too much thinking into it.

9. Nyctrias

Nyctrias If I can't be my own...I'd feel better dead.

cliffs:

negativity is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere

10. tehrealist

tehrealist New Member

just simply force yourself to admit that what you're making is actually good work, and then you can only go up from there.
    if you get stuck in negativity, then your confidence gradually goes lower and lower, and you find yourself in a hole of self doubt and pity.
    just be confident.

11. Low

Low New Member

I actually made a song I really like the other day... First in like 90... I'll have it on the internet as soon as I choose an alias and maybe make another song or two. [it won't take 90 tries this time though]

I really appreciate the advice. :)

12. Low

Low New Member

nevermind.

Last edited: May 28, 2007