Stuck at 170 lbs, need to get to 200

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Lionel Hutz, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

Ok a little background, i am 5'7 right now. My goal is to be decently big and cut (six pack defined jaw line). I started bulking a few years ago, I weighed around 128 lbs, now i am 170 lbs, not fat but definately not cut or defined, my stomach is extreemely soft and flabby along with my pecs. I think the best best is to keep bulking, becuaese ive tried cutting in the past and it results to me dropping down to 130 lbs without even having a flat stomach. Im not dieting right now, just eating alot and lifting. I really need to start putting on more weight, and plan to start dieting in the fall once school starts. So any tips?

2. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

Are you gaining steadily? or are you stuck? If you're stuck, up your calories a few hundred/ possibly 1000.

How much are you eating now?

3. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

agreed
    also whats your routinwe?

4. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

No not at all, i have been hovering between 168-172 for like 3 months now. Im eating basic 3 meals a day right now (yeah i know thats no good but im home for the summer, and my parents are anti-diet and get pissed off when i do my own food shopping), in september i move back to school and then ill be buying my own food and lots of it. :) Its also hard to eat alot now becuase at my job, i have to work 8 hour shifts, get only 1 lunch break. They are real dickheads and get pissed when i go in the back to eat, they only let me eat once. Do you think i should still bulk though? My stomach is very messy looking right now, handfuls of fat everywhere, my arms are a decent size, but im nowhere near cut, probably on teh border of pudgy right now.

5. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

3 days

Day 1 Chest/Bi

3 sets Bench
    3 sets Standing BB curl
    3 sets incline DB press
    2 sets sitting DB curl
    3 sets dips
    2 sets hammer db curl

Day 2 Back/tri

3 sets Deadlift
    3 set Skull Krusher
    3 sets pullups
    3 sets close grip bench
    3 sets bent db rows

Day 3 shoulder/legs

3 sets squats
    3 sets db shoulder press
    3 sets stiff leg deadlifts
    3 sets standing calf raises on machine
    3 sets shoulder extension DB

Except for calfs, i do 8/6/5 on every lift, increasing weight each set.

6. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

Bulk, its starting to be fall, no one will take your shirt off when its cold. For a quick fix you could get like a Detour bar or some shit. I think it's like 300 calories. Just eat a couple of those at work or something. By the way, start eating more food of your parents. Tell them for everything they don't eat, you'll eat for them. It'll get them to buy you more food.

7. Perkwunos

may wanan up volume some, and cut out the curls x 3 sets to one or two i don't think you are helping yourself there.
    dips are a tricep movement i believe...

8. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

Well im going back to school in like 3 weeks so the foods gonna be a non issue then, no job during the schoolyear and i do all my own shopping, so i can buy whatever i want for myself, and eat all day long if i must.

9. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

Dips defiantely work your chest as well, i can completely feel it in my pecs when i am doing dips.

10. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

Does my Split look ok though?

11. Perkwunos

looks good, may wanna reverse day 1 and day two

12. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

you wil need to eat more than the three meals a day.

what do you usually have for the meals?

13. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

I think that you definitely need more volume for what your trying to do.

At 5'7" you aren't that tall, and even 170 is a pretty big weight to be at. Don't try to get to 200 just because it seems like a cool number. It is just plain unhealthy especially if your gonna bulk by eating a lot of bad shit.

I would suggest you either just try to stay at the weight you are and put on some serious lean mass, or even possibly try to lower body fat a little. Posting a pic would also help a lot.

14. IAMABALLER

IAMABALLER New Member

I agree w/ this. It seems like you just want to get to 200lbs b/c it seems like a "respected/cool" weight. Well, being 5'7" , you aren't exactly TALL. I would suggest eating healthy and trying to stay around your weight but lose body fat.

15. Titus

Titus New Member

i don't know what those two fools above me are talking about.. but i suggest you continue bulking. up your cals by 400ish and check your weight in 2 weeks. if you aren't up any then add a couple hundred more cals and do the same. make sure you are taking in 1.5-2grams of protein/lb too.. thats important. bulk up till you have some size, who cares about the extra flub you gain. when you eventually cut down that time being you spent bulking and being a little fat will be worth it.

16. Maverik60

Maverik60 New Member

so your parents basically said you $$$ for food and whatnoT? why are the anti diet? Dont believe its good or?

Id say start making Calorie shakes. you dont workout at home?

wow @ idiots above the guy above me..

200 because its a cool # and its unhealthy to be that weight if your gonna do it dirty? mm u can do clean bulk and be that big. once u get that big its basically muscle mass if you were working out and bulking.. being 200 at any height is fine if you have been working out and doing it right. not chowin down krispy kremes and reading workout encylopedias :rofl: :wiggle:

the guy said he started bulking a few years ago, and while saying this i belive he has been working out. he doesnt want to cut because he has lost too drastic weight? Wants to get 200 pounds even then CUT so he can lose fat while still remaining muscle defined.

17. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

You shouldn't be so quick to call someone an idiot first of all. And second, I know from first hand experience what the short person's body looks like generally at different weights. I also have met a lot of people with this guy's mentality about getting to 200 lbs, and most of them do it because of a napoleon complex or because 200 seems like the cool number.

Also a "few years of lifting" is not that much lifting in the first place, so I still am going to stick with my opinion about him not having to bulk up any more but to lower his body fat.

Again: a picture would help greatly to see where he really is, but from what he posted this is the only advice I can give.

18. Titus

Titus New Member

i'll call you an idiot any day of the week. you really have earned the title, all i've seen come from you is horrible suggestions to people.

19. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

first off http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1948664

its an example of another person who is doing the same thing with the 200 lbs bulk bs.

I was just giving him advice on what I thought would be the best way to approach things, instead of saying go bulk up to 200 lbs and become a fatass.

Also, I wanna see exactly how fit you are... post a picture of yourself holding today's newspaper.

20. Perkwunos

how much do you weigh broli?
    ohh, and since you are sooo awesome, why don't you post some pics up too.

21. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

152 lbs.

22. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

I DID post pics here many times. But for your sake I'll do it again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I weighed 172 at my heaviest, and am at 152 now to make weight for wrestling in the fall. I am going to either do 149 or 141.

23. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

Your turn. Post pics.

24. Perplexed

Perplexed OT Supporter

If you want to be 200lbs, you have to start eating like a 200lbs man.

25. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

Try taking pictures in a non flattering angle such as straight on instead of coming up from the floor everytime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.