stronger but haven't seen any physical changes

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by babygodzilla, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

I've been working out (almost) routinely for about 8 months now. On one hand I feel stronger. I used to die after 5 situps, now I can do 20 x 3. I used to only be able to lift 10 pounds for hammer curls, now I can do up to 17.5. It's still weak compared to people around here. I bet you guys can do like 50 x 4 situps and lift 50 pounds per arm, but I'm feeling better nonetheless.

On the other hand, I have seen only little to no physical changes. I think my belly is getting smaller, I used to have this disgusting gut from all the drinking, but getting better. I drop 1-2 sizes on pants, so that's good. My upper arms are slightly bigger, but not much. Other than that, nothing else... I'm not watching my diet thought, that's probably what's wrong huh? I'm Asian and I eat rice 4 meals a day... is that bad? What should I be doing..?

edit: my routine:

Routine 1:
    Cardio 20-30 minutes
    Biceps
    Back
    Legs
    Abs

Routine 2:
    Cardio
    Triceps
    Chest
    Shoulders
    Abs

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, and I just alternate between these two routines. I spend about 1-1.5 hours per session.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  2. jonno

jonno New Member

it'll come

edit: get on a real routine

3. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

well, i do have a routine. when i joined my gym i had a couple free sessions with a trainer, and that was very helpful. he made a routine for me:

Routine 1:
    Cardio 20-30 minutes
    Biceps
    Back
    Legs
    Abs

Routine 2:
    Cardio
    Triceps
    Chest
    Shoulders
    Abs

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, and I just alternate between these two routines. I spend about 1-1.5 hours per session. Can't spend too much time, gotta go to work. Is this good enough or no?

4. keeler

keeler New Member

what do you mean you havn't seen any physical changes....
    you dropped pants size and your gut is smaller!

5. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I would think you want to concentrate more on each body part in your routine. Trying to do biceps, back, and legs in one visit is a bit much to allow you to really work on one muscle group. I'd say cut it down to one or two body areas a visit instead. Do chest and shoulders in one visit, biceps and triceps the next, back and legs in the last. If you go 4 days instead you can do back and legs in separate days or chest and shoulders separate days.

6. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

i am not.

oh i never thought of that. i will try it. thanks!

haha ok, well i did say LITTLE to no physical changes. i guess i am hoping for more changes on my upper body. i wanna get bigger is what i want. is it just too fast to judge? im thinking i should be on some diet, but i dont wanna... i love eating :(

7. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

get your diet in order

8. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

You're not following the 'wake up like a body builder' routine. Get on that one.

Compound lift routines are fine for new guys, I wouldn't goto a hyperthrophy routine till later on ...

9. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

ok, doesnt matter what you do in the gym, without proper nutrition you are basically wasting a shitload of time.

Abs are built at the gym, but, getting them to show happens in the kitchen.

10. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

11. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

shit :hsd: ok ill give it a try...

12. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Working out is pretty much entirely useless if you don't have at least marginally good nutrition while you're doing it.

I lifted a lot in highschool, like years. In 10 months I got the same gains I did for those years when i got my diet figured out.

13. Plan B

Plan B New Member

Well good news, chances are you're not eating enough.

Which means you get to eat more, yay. :hsugh:

14. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

haha i suppose, but i was thinking that I have to change the stuff I eat...

man, that thread is so long... :( im too lazy a fucker to read all that. i wish there's someone that could just tell me what to do. i was thinking of getting a few sessions with a trainer at my gym. you guys think it's worth it?

that thread says "If you are over 20% BF..."

how do I know what my BF is?

15. keeler

keeler New Member

all the info you need is here but it sounds like you want it spoon fed to ya.

16. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

haha thats one way to say it...:hsd:

alright2 i'll give it a try by myself. tell me, what is your guys' diet like?

17. keeler

keeler New Member

i count my calories and alot 1800 cal/day
    its kinda low but i have a lot of weight to lose. I eat a lot of veggies and chicken, also those low carb wraps. sandwiches are good as well. also that fiber1 or allbran cereal is pretty great.

18. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

can you give some detailed description? like meal 1... meal 2....

thank you!

19. v12oom

v12oom OT Supporter

high weight low reps. i started working out 4 months ago and i can see that my body has changed since using this.

20. Ore

Ore OT Supporter

1. read sticky by noquarter
    2. do everything it says
    3.?
    4.get swole

21. keeler

keeler New Member

i suppose. ill just give you a list of what my meals typically look like, in no specific order

1. 1/2cup 1% fat cottage cheese, 5 reduced fat club crackers
    2. 2 packets low sugar/no sugar oatmeal
    3. heart healthy whole wheat hamburger bun (120 cal) and lunchmeat with peppers and mustard
    4. kashi bars, 8oz skim milk
    5. precooked frozen chicken breast x2 (130 cal/per breast) 1 bag(i think its 1lb) of low cal frozen veggies like broccoli or stir fry blend or broc, califlower, carrot blend. i stay away from corn and peas. the whole bag of veggies is around 130 cal, then i add a low carb wrap for 100 cal
    6. sometimes if i'm lazy ill eat one of those low cal TV dinners ie. lean quisine, smart ones, etc. I don't do this very often because most of the time they aren't really healthy food they are just really tiny portions.
    7. i can't think of anything else.
    this is just what some of my meals normally look like, its not a perfect diet but its one i can live with and maintain. also i have 1 cheat MEAL per week.

btw i'm trying to lose fat.
    my advice would be to count your calories and see what works for you. on calorie counting you could eat 1800 calories of shitty fast food but you will be hungry all day. if you eat 1800 calories of healthy foods you won't ever be hungry.

also try to keep your protein consumption up. I believe its one gram protein per Kg body weight.

22. keeler

keeler New Member

and jesus dude you've been working out for 5 months and went from curling 10 lbs to 17.5 lbs? how many reps are you doing? go heavy or go home. if your doing more than 8 reps then you need a heavier weight. wtf am i saying, just go read the stickies

23. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

change is going to be hard on your end if you don't understand the concepts behind how meals are designed.

figure out what your intake levels need to be to achieve your goals and understand what will give you that. then its no longer a diet but a lifestyle. so many possibilities.

24. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

ok thanks :)

25. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

o am i not doing enough...? :dunno: ok i guess ill try to do heavier. im pretty weak... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.