MIL stripes hating is lame

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kidhero, May 24, 2005.

1. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

Stripes hating is lame. It's the new OMGPWNAGE/ETHUG/RACISM trend.

Some people enlist, some people earn their commissions. Why does it matter to you?

You're not all that special because you went to an Academy, there are independent military academies out there are ten times harsher than West Point or Naval. This is especially true if you are any kind of ROTC or JROTC. It varies from school to school but just because you wear an uniform in ROTC doesn't make you any more special. It took a year after boot camp and having seen the work of Marines in Iraq first hand did I finally feel comfortable enough to wear my uniform. I didn't deserve it any second prior to having fought with the Marines.

If you get a commission it just means you're in a position of managing and leading a lot of men and women. But understand, it was still an enlisted NCO of SNCO that trained you. If your attitude is that the enlisted men are beneath you then it just shows your immaturity at handling something as important as being entrusted with other peoples' lives.

If you're enlisted though, the officers still do deserve respect. You salute them for a reason, if you don't know why then you must have fucked up your basic training's customs class. A lot of officers went through more than just one crucible: college, OCS, TBS, and MOS school. The stress they have in managing their company is unparelleled and sometimes being given privy to the big picture is not always the best. No one wants to be the man with the heavy thorn crown.

The main core value of the military isn't about individuality, it's about cohesion of a group of individuals. If you're not the commadant, not the admiral, not the general, you're not anything more special. Just another cog in the machine.

Also, if the fact that you're on OT and the fact that you're here in this subforum should already say a little about yourself. When you insult a stripes or an officer, you're not only being an ignorant and arrogant prick (who definitely has never gone through training) you're insulting a fellow OT-er.

Cliffs:

1. Don't be a ring knocker.

2. Don't be a hotshot butterbar.

3. Don't be a mototard.

4. You've earned the right to talk shit only if you're mustang or warrant.

2. C5Load

C5Load OT Resident UCLA fanatic

but we're still allowed to hate the O's, right? :x:

3. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4. JL

JL Wander-er OT Supporter

:rofl: :bowdown: :rofl:

5. Killgunner

Killgunner OT Supporter

IN for hating officers.

6. Accord

Accord New Member

Great post :bowdown:.

7. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

we'll let them buy their own o-club subforum :o

8. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

i must say i have met some ignorant officers that did have that enlisted are beneath me attitude, but i've met so many more officers who knew that we enlisted keep the shit running and took damn good care of us. i try not to let the shithead officers get to me cause i've got some really great friends all through the ranks of CO's.

9. C5Load

:werd:

i only jest in this. in the flying squadrons, at least on the road, there's really no difference between an O and and E. if you pass out drunk, everyone will work together to get you home (and marksalot your face)

10. Killgunner

Killgunner OT Supporter

Chair Force... hanging out with Officers on your off time... wow... that would never fly in the Corps...

11. Accord

Accord New Member

What are the fraternization rules in the AF?

12. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

condoms are mandatory. :mamoru:

13. C5Load

Same as in any other service per the ucmj. However, aircrews tend to be a little more lax, for a few reasons.

1. We can get a call at any time to go out to the plane, so we drink/party/eat together to make it easier for everyone to get the news.

2. In a lot of places, we have to have a group to go out, thanks to the political climate of some places.

3. We all do the same job, basically.

Anytime we're on the plane, the squadron, or in a normal tdy location, its back to the normal gameface.

14. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

i didn't say anything about off time. having a good working relationship between the officers and enlisted just makes it that much easier for us to get our job done. what should it matter which branch it is?

15. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

:werd:

Units like the Seals tend to blur the lines between Officer and Enlisted. Funny how the more deadly the team is, the less they need to distinguish between O & E. ;)