MMA Strikeforce FTW

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Mejnoon, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

First of all, props to Strikeforce for once again putting on a top notch show and treating their fighters very well. Also, the CSAC seems to have streamlined their operation significantly, everything ran very smoothly at this show.

I went to corner for Mike Cook, who unfortunately lost. Dissapointing, but :bowdown: to Mike for having huge balls and putting up one hell of a fight. He wasn't supposed to win, he was hand picked because the promoter didn't think he could win, and he did really well. He's only been training mma for like 6 months, and he's improving rapidly. He's already gotten an offer from another org and hopefully will get more strikeforce fights. Heres the Sherdog pbp on his fight:

A couple random things about the show...

As mentioned in the other thread Gina Carano/Elaina Maxwell was a badass fight. Gina Carano is ridiculously hot and a very nasty striker.

Von Flue blocked the kick then his arm/gloved connected with his head causing the cut. BAD BAD cut. Von Flue very very upset.

Ludwig/Fryklund was an entertaining if hopelessly one-sided fight. Bang knocked Fryklund all over the cage with all manner of strikes. Fryklund stayed in the pocket and threw though. Finally dropped him with a punch/head kick/knee combo iirc. I know it was a knee at the end. Saw Fryklund in the elevator at the hotel and he told me he had to get 9 stitches to sew up the webbing between two of his fingers. Said sometimes he doesn't use wraps:ugh:

Warpath/Buentello - Buentello is too fast for Warpath. Warpath is a super nice dude though, we shared a locker room with him and I talked to him throughout the night. Crackin jokes before and after his fight. I think he's just really stoked he gets to fight for a living.

And finally, :bowdown: to Nam Phan. He took this fight on short notice, against a much bigger dude, and despite losing really showed how good he is. I had heard he was good but never thought he would do as well as he did against Thomson.

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

i think the name GrappleForce sounds way better, but yeah their cards seem good.

3. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

4. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

before the fight, Thomson said in an interview that Phan is probably the best grappler on the west coast :eek3:

maybe he was just referring to the weight class...dunno. any truth to this?

5. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

I dunno about the best on the west coast but he's good. He looked really good against Thomson he was just WAY smaller...I honestly think if he'd had another 10lbs of muscle it would have been a completely different fight.

Heres pics of the Mike Cook/Puder fight:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/pictures.asp?n_id=6340&my_page=6&my_title=Daniel Puder vs. Mike Cook

6. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

retarded meaning they were gimpy, or retarded as in he had retard strength behind his kicks?

yeah, Nam's pretty popular locally, so i imagine him pulling a good audience. how do they score fights in KOTC?

7. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

I like this shot:mamoru:
    [​IMG]

And you can see the top half of my head in this one:
    [​IMG]

8. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

The one and only:fawk:

9. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

You're just hatin 'cause I'm spankin you all in the pick 'em contest:fawk:

10. lmmaculate

lmmaculate New Member

I hear Ludwig had a good showing. How can I see that, Or any of these fights?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WAR BANG!

11. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

Pics don't do the beating he took justice.

12. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

They're gonna be on FSN Bay Area, don't know when they're airing. Otherwise you'll have to wait for the DVD which will be several months.