MMA Stretching?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by me4prez, Oct 9, 2007.

1. me4prez

me4prez Guest

Hey, im looking for some tips on stretching to increase range of motion, speed, strength, reduction of injuries etc, n i need some links on training and stuff like that. Im new to martial arts, and im currently trying to do some research on chinese martial arts, tea kwon do, and karate. Much appreciated. Thanks. :wavey:

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

There are books on stretching, lots of variation.

My advice is to stretch after warming up a little.

3. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

At my boxe francaise here in Paris, the first thing they do is a ton of stretching. I think it's quite stupid, but I follow along anyways because I stick out enough already being the only Canadian.

4. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

I agree, I like to stretch throughout the class right up until we begin to drill or spar.

5. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I run a mile or two, then stretch, then hit the bag, then stretch, then go to class.

6. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

i try to stretch as much as possible. I didnt like stretching before but I noticed I would get injured alot easier then when I went in a little more limber. I try to hit as much as possible. I see people stretching out good for like 10 - 15 mins but thats usually the bigger guys because they need it. I try to do all the important shit though neck, shoulders ankles wrists arms knees.