TAT Stretching

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by krista, May 21, 2005.

1. krista

krista New Member

Ok..I bought a clear retainer for my nose piercing, and its too big. The website I bought it from doesn't take returns, so I was wondering if its possible to stretch to an 18 ga. in my nose. I don't really know anything about stretching, so any suggestions will help.

2. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

Did you mean 8g?? Standard ear piercings are 18g at the smallest, and I don't think I've ever seen any piercing go smaller than that...unless nasal piercings are done at something like a 20g..

So the question now is what gauge are you currently at?

3. krista

krista New Member

Well I thought the piercer said 18, but the screw I bought was an 18 and its definitely thicker than the one I was pierced with.

4. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

Ahh i c...well assuming the piercer was correct in saying he pierced you at an 18g, I would say that wherever you bought the retainer from either the description was wrong or whoever pack/shipped it made a mistake and grabbed the wrong size.

What's the diameter of the retainer? If you have a metric ruler you can measure the diameter & find a chart that lists the diameter for each gauge. I think 18g is something like 1mm in diameter...

Here's one, though I don't know how accurate it is:
    http://www.bmeworld.com/sweetie/gauge.html

5. krista

krista New Member

Ok..well it looks like an 18 according to that. If I go to a piercer, is he gonna charge? The one that did it is in the town where I go to school, and I'm not there anymore cuz of the summer. Also, is it going to feel like the piercing did or hurt less? Its not that pain bothers me..I just like to know what to expect. Thanks.

6. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I don't know if a piercer would charge...I would assume they may though. You can try stretching it yourself with some lubricant. I don't know how easily the nasal tissue stretches, but considering it's such a small size difference between the 18g & what you were pierced at (if it was a 20g), then I'd say it should slide in pretty easy with some lube. Regardless of what you were pierced at & what the retainer is, it's probably such a minute difference in diameter that you would be able to get it in easy with lube...unless you've already tried that. Without lube it creates enough resistance between the jewelry & the skin that it won't hardly budge.

From what my fiancee has mentioned, stretching in such a small incriment is a piece of cake..a very slight ammount of pressure; it's stretching between larger incriments that can be more uncomfortable if you try to do it all at once.

7. krista

krista New Member

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for your advice.