TAT stretching ears on your own

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by iridewheelies, Aug 13, 2004.

1. iridewheelies

iridewheelies down to ride?

what do you guys use? I'm at a 12 right now. i was at a 16 and got it tapered to 12 by my piercer. should i go back to him to get it stretched to 10 or should i do it myself?

2. HPS

HPS I'm not fat, I'm poofy... :fawk:

Although I did mine both by myself and with my old piercer, I still recomend going to a professional all the time... On that note, I still strech everything myself lol... :o

3. phigity

phigity New Member

go to a professional. everything is always better that way.

4. warped_mind

warped_mind New Member

yeah i have 12 in my ears right now, im going to try and get down to 6 on my own, im sure it wont be that hard ;)

5. pooh

pooh voight-kampff

I went from 12 -> 6 on my own. all it takes it a warm shower, autoclaved jewelry, an insertion taper, and some patience(between gauges, for the wound to heal)

6. warped_mind

warped_mind New Member

one size at time??! thats for pussies
    :ugh:

but yeah, i dunno, i guess i could just get it repierced, whatevers cheaper, ill just look into it i suppose :)

7. warped_mind

warped_mind New Member

normally you want to wait a month between ga's right?

8. pooh

pooh voight-kampff

I would say it varys' on a case by case. some people heal much faster than others, based on diet, exercise, and augmenting with supplements. I've noticed I heal much faster now that I work out and take supplements, which is also evident with my nails growing much faster.

For mine I waited about 3 weeks, i see no harm waiting 4 just to be safe, but i think it all depends on how the stretching feels when the taper is inserted. I think the warm shower has helped me a lot since the skin tends to be more pliable.

As to the one size at a time theory, well I must admit, despite it being tedious, I would not recommend going up in 2s' since the likelyhood or scarring and developing a keloid greatly increase.

I suppose in the end it all depends on how well you know your body and your threshold for pain/pleasure. :bigthumb:

9. warped_mind

warped_mind New Member

well we will certainly find out! :bigthumb:

10. pooh

pooh voight-kampff

rock and roll mang, good luck, let me know how it goes. :cool:

11. dink

dink Guest

just get it redone at 6guage. I did 2 on my own and got 1 pierced at 6 and the fresh pierce looks better and feels a lot better than the other 2.

Dink

12. Shazbot

Shazbot OT Supporter

I pierced mine at 10, had them stretched by my piercer down to 6, then I did it myself from there. Usually, if you wear some stainless steel CBRs they'll stretch themselves out in about a month's span. I went from a 6 to a 2 in about three weeks (on accident, bad sleeping habits), and it was fine. Using heaving loops usually gives your ears enough time to heal. If you're uncomfortable about doing it on your own, go to a piercer. If not, get a taper and some vaseline.

13. BillyElliot

BillyElliot Dressed to kill

I went from a 14 to 8 in about 8 hours.

I basically had 8 gauge tapers that i put in halfway within the first hour. I took a nap for 6 hours and then an hour after waking up I had them all the way though.

14. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

i am a professional and i go to professionals... its just easier

15. iridewheelies

iridewheelies down to ride?

i guess i'll go to a professional. mine's been about 5 weeks. is it safe to stretch a size? can a professional see if it's been healed or not? i believe my ear is healed.

16. FourDOzKilla

FourDOzKilla Guest

i started at an 8ga and those healed pretty good in about 6 weeks, so i went to a 6ga. Only took 3 or 4 weeks to feel completely fine, so then i got some nice 4ga amber plugs :cool: those hurt when i put them in, but a day later i didnt have any discomfort.

i was having a little problem with the 6's, though...my ears kept swallowing the o-rings. the girl who pierced me said i just have really stretchy ears :dunno: