TAT stretched my ears not it's crusted.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by iridewheelies, Jul 4, 2004.

1. iridewheelies

iridewheelies down to ride?

i'm slowing stretching my ears. i went from a normal little hole to a 12 gauge. not that big of a deal but lately, my ears are kinda crusted (just a little bit) and it's swollen. is this normal?

BTW, how do i know if it's torn?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2004
  2. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

If you just got them stretched then yeah, it's normal. If you've had them for a long time and they suddenly start getting crusty and swollen, I'd suggest you clean your ears more often :o Give them at least a week before starting too worry too much.

3. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

My ears did that the very first stretch I ever did too. I'd say its pretty normal too..just be sure to space out your stretchings. A good 6-8 weeks between each small jump is my recommendation, personally and that of my piercer.
    As far as the swelling and slight crustiness, keep cleaning with sea salt solutions until it calms down. Going to a 12 from your "normal " hole is actually a little bit of a jump, especially if you dont normally wear earrings that are heavy (ie: hoops, etc) that would help to stretch your ear beforehand. Your ear might be a little irritated for a week. As for knowing if you've blown your ear..besides the obvious appearance of blood and torn tissue, itd be hard to know for sure without taking it out and having a look at the tissue and seeing if it is still intact. From what I hear, its really painful and doesnt seem to go away. If you dont see improvement in your comfort, I'd suggest stopping by a trusted piercing studio and just having them take a look for you.

4. iridewheelies

iridewheelies down to ride?

there was little blood the first couple days but now it's gone. so my tissues still good?