SRS stress... help?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by StayLRG, Nov 28, 2007.

1. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

the past month my health has been suffering, and i've been a complete hypochondriac about all of it. i'm pretty sure this is all caused by stress. i've had chest pains, heart pain, aches all over. i've been worried this whole time only to find out stress and depression account for all of my symptoms. tomorrow i'm gonna try and get a prescription to 2mg zanax for anxiety. i was on klonopin, but i don't feel it was strong enough. never cured any anxiety attack. i don't really know where i'm going with this post, but i just need any advice you can give me. i don't know what to do, but this shit is killing my body. sorry this is just ranting, but i don't know what to say. never asked for help in this way before.

2. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Well, what do you do to relieve your stress?

3. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

that's the problem. i also deal with depression, and that's keeping me from doing anything. i used to go out all the time, but now i just sit around at home and mope. and i can't take anti-depressants cuz being bipolar, that shit will make me go nuts. today i forced myself to go on a bike ride to my friends studio, it was nice to get out. even when i go out now tho, the depression kicks my ass. i dunno.

4. R.Kelly

R.Kelly OT Supporter

One thing I've learned with depression, is that it impossible for someone to help you come over it. Its one of those things you kind of have to come to realize your self, like a light goes off in your head.

What I like to do is really thing about a time that I was happy, and think about the feelings/emotions that I was feeling at that time (lets call it a marker). Every time I get depressed, overwhelmed, etc, I just go back to that marker and I feel ok.

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Exercise regularly, even if you don't feel like it....at a bare minimum 3 times a week but 5-7 would be better. Even mild exercise, like walking, is good just make sure to do it for at least 30 mins a day. Drink plenty of water, eat lots of vegies and fruits and get at least 8 hours of sleep every day.

You can't imagine how these simple little things will do wonders. Prolly not overnight but then you didn't get into the position you're in overnight either right?

6. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

i really should put my golds membership to use. i need to lose weight which will make me feel better about myself. i'm down overall, so i'm doing ok with not gaining back weight. and no i didn't get this way overnight. i've had psychological problems since birth. i just feel like it's holding me back in life so much because i don't have proper social skills and a wicked temper. my bipolar symptoms are like ones you would find in a chilild. i'm trying to work on all that, but i just can't seem to get it under control.

7. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

IMO the best control you have is to exercise regularly, eat healthy and get plenty of rest. So "the control" comes not by an exercise of your will but by action.

In AA we have a saying, "I can't think my way into right living. I have to live my way into right thinking." That's what I'm suggesting you do. Give it a try and see what happens. Also you don't have to have Gold's membership for this to work.

8. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

yah, before all this started i was riding my bike everywhere as i don't have a car. very active, always trying to do something with friends. i'm about to go to the organic grocery store to get some good food. i've been eating a lot of 711 food and not cooking, i need to fix that.