Strength Stagnation

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by MP18, Oct 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MP18

MP18 New Member

What is your experience for when your routine is no longer effective or your body has adapted to it? Like one workout where you're lifting less than the week before, is that enough? I was lifting today about 10 lbs less than last week for the same amount of reps (in squats, christopher's routine) and know that I was well rested today and have been eating enough as well, so I'm wondering if it's just a bad day or if its the routine cause I felt really good before the workout. I've been on it for 4 weeks now. That and my bench hasn't gone up throughout the 4 weeks as well. Any advice?

On another note, I've been reading a lot of T-Nation and especially Poliquin who talks about the 5 different types of people, fire, water, earth, etc, and how one type can get burned out pretty easily on a certain workout that another flourishes on. I am wondering how or if that even plays into the mix with my strength stagnation. Here is the link to that specific article: http://t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=F30A5EBCFA74E9CDAB8C55CF5001878E.hydra?id=584534

Do you guys see strength increases pretty regularly?

2. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

I either eat more, or take a week off and see where I'm at when I come back. I have times where I was struggling, took a week off and would hit 10-15lb PRs on upper body movements

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.