Strength rankings

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by VideoJunky, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VideoJunky

VideoJunky New Member

I'm a little confused, I read a bunch of internet charts (power-lifting, http://www.elitefts.com/documents/elite.htm) that all say squat - deadlift - bench for the total strength thing. But I recently noticed the big bill board at my highschool is bench - squat - powerclean.
    We are told to do just powercleans but I see a few upper guys that do deadlifts once in awhile. We're not a real serious school when it comes to sports and teams but we try.

What do you think I should be at as an entering junior?

With using 1max rep charts I get a total of like 790? for my highschools system; im 165 now.
    I dont max out much, mainly cuz I want to keep in routine and not hurt myself. But I assume I should be able to deadlift way more than my powerclean.
    Right now we're all prepping for football, would switching in some deadlifts into my schedual be benificial to the sport or a waste of time?

2. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Deadlifts would be beneficial, but the powerclean is more sport-oriented. It develops explosiveness and and works alot of the same muscles as the deadlift. I'd rotate deadlifts in for powercleans every once in awhile.

3. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

Except for the fact that most highschoolers have horrible form.

4. ralyks

ralyks New Member

This thread wasn't about form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.