Strength Gains V.beginnersmakinprogress

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by A-NON-A, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

Ok so I dont post much about actually lifting or numbers ... but I am in here all the time reading your sage advice.

Over the last year of on and off training and getting diet together, etc. I got myself together enough to get serious once and for all. During my on and off I lost alot of weight (fatty crew) but never really gained much strength. I am now 10 weeks into a routine that I like and its seems like each of the last 3 weeks I have been really adding alot of weight (still rediculously low #'s :hs:) to all of my lifts. Is there a point where beginners see a physical change that you get a growth spurt of sorts in the strength department???

For instance in the last 2 weeks my Seated Cable Row has gone from 3x10/155 to 3x10/185

Overhead Dumbell Press went from 3x10/35 ...today I did 6r/37.5, 6r/40, 8r/45, 8r/50

I could go on and on.... It just feels so damn good to see and feel gains...its like crack and I am becoming an addict :noes:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

noob gains, happens to everyone. and what the hell is a bumbell?

3. phyphoestilic

phyphoestilic New Member

Its when u become so strong that you walk around lifting and tossing bums as a workout.

4. Muerte_X

Muerte_X Don't Fear The Reaper

The most gains usually happen in the beginning. If you're doing it right, you should see constant progress after that.

Sometimes it's just a confidence issue, you're getting stronger and may not realize it. After like a month, i doubled my leg press one day after seeing some girl doing more weight than I was doing, lol. At first I wasn't sure I could do it, but I surprised myself and did my normal 8 reps.

5. 1999TL

1999TL New Member

newbs gain the most at first b/c the CNS adapts. After awhile, the muscle takes time to build to see any difference.

6. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

I figured that alot of it has to do with being a relative noob... Part of my gains probably come from having a workout partner this time around so I can really go heavier than normal and force those last few reps.

7. {hydro}

{hydro} OT Supporter

werd.
    I lift more when im with someone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.