StreetTuned Evo -vs- GSX-R 1000 [ HD video ]

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Gleason, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Gleason

Gleason New Member

Race between a GSX-R 1000 and the Street Tuned Motorsports stock motor 35R Evo.

So far, the evos best time is a [email protected] on the stock Evo motor that came in the car they purchased new. It now has over 45,000 miles on it. 30,000 of those miles have been 35R miles trapping 130mph+.

Streetfire link
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/STM-Evo-vs-GSXR-1000-in_181090.htm

Streaming 720p HD version here

http://www.vimeo.com/1659673

-Brian

2. Original

Original OT Supporter

friggin fast evo, but i love how the guy on the gsxr looks over and nods like.. "alright that's pretty fast i guess :hs:"

3. Gleason

Gleason New Member

yea it rips. the bike rider is one of the best in the area, think he was abit shocked how close it was ;). thier good friends though.

4. Shorty

Shorty New Member

gay ass fucking video.

404 gsxr1000 not found.

gsxr1k will own the balls out of that evo

5. Shorty

Shorty New Member

it will give a 600 a great run for its money... a stock one.

6. Shorty

Shorty New Member

espically from a fucking 40-130 roll

7. Shorty

Shorty New Member

and this is coming from a person who has owned a k7600, ridden a k71000, and driven a couple evos and stis.

8. Gleason

Gleason New Member

wtf are you smoking? where was a GSX-R 1000 not found? that is an 04 GSX-R1000. It runs consistant [email protected] at our local drag strip. the evo and bike owner are friends....

9. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

wtf are you talking about? a 140+ trapping car will OWN the fuck out of a 600, take a 750, and run with a litre bike.

10. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

did any of those trap 140+? doubt it.

11. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

lol, gixxer would kill a car.
    I think your "Best motorcyclist" around here obviously isn't very good, esp. if he can't easily destroy a car.
    A suzuki gixxer 1000 has a .9762 HP/kg horsepower to weight ratio, and a top-speed of 180 or so.
    I doubt it really matters if the car can trap 140+, but by my calculations, by the time the car is at 100, the motorcycle would probably have already hit top speed. I mean, that bike should be able to hit 60 in 3 seconds if the rider is capable of that. In 10 seconds, the bike would already be at top speed.
    In otherwords, the bike is being limited by that rider.

12. Gleason

Gleason New Member

since when can a gixxer hit 200mph in 10 seconds when it only does the quarter mile in [email protected]?

not to mention that evo is faster to 60 than 3 seconds. It only takes that car 6.5 seconds to do 116mph.

13. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

The motorcycle won? Scandal!

14. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

The guy on the 2002 G1K must have been in the wrong gear. They should do it from a dead stop and see what happens

15. mtnbikekid08

Yes, please get a capable rider, and a dead-stop test. It's kinda hard when the driver of the car knows, but the motorcycle is in(fro example) 6th gear to keep the rpm's down.

16. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

^^ U must be a tard and have never driven in a fast car. Most cars can out launch any street motorcycle, they only cut low 1.8 60's maybe very high 1.7's if they are lucky. Ask any decent evo driver, a low 1.7 60' is okay but most are low 1.6's. So from a stop the evo would destroy that bike, its up top that the bike would catch it. I know because my car ran a [email protected] and I have raced a few bike 600's that are far from stock doing a roll and we are pretty close. When we do it from a stop I destroy them till after 130 but thats what you get when you have an AWD Auto. My 1/8mile was a 6.47 too, I would love to see some bike slips compare to that.

17. mtnbikekid08

I have driven sports bikes for quite a while, and they launch hard and fast, faster than any car. Obviously you haven't driven a sports bike, because you would know that.
    So until you get a from stop vid, I claim bullshit.

18. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

Guess you never have ridden in a fast car, post a time slip of a normal bike going down the track. Most have slow 60's plain and simple, I have both a fast car and a 600 and the car destroys it till about 100.

Here is a horrible 10.79 run I made with a 250lb rider. Second gear hits around 80ish and third hits 120. I hit 100 around 6 seconds flat I want to see a normal bike do that.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=42840277

U have no idea what you are talking about......it really shows

19. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

20. mtnbikekid08

You're saying you have experience because you have a 600? Durrr.
    Let's see.... R1... 50horsepower more than most 600's. Gixxer 1k, probably the same. Hayabusa, 200hp with mods.
    So your 100horsepower max 600 gives you rights to talk? That's a big negative
    Oh, and the problem with motorcycles, is that they have so much power that they can't really put it down efficiently. And people are scared of doing wheelies because they don't know how to handle a bike doing a wheelie.
    Oh, and I laugh at your lies. 100 in 6 seconds? You say you are .5 seconds slower to 100 in your Eclipse than a veyron? *Cough* bullshit *cough*. Sorry. Had a little something in my throat.
    PS, 10's are pretty average for a beginner at the strip with a bike. 8's and 9'sare what you are capable if you have a liter bike with some experience.

21. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

there is no way a stock liter bike will do an 8 second pass without mods. But, I've seen liter bikes go down from a roll before, but I've also seen them whoop ass. It really depends on the bike, rider, mods, and condition.

22. Redsand426

Redsand426 Active Member

:rofl:

23. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

You truely are stupid, I have ridden a GSXR-1000 and it was insanely fast but from a stop bikes aren't that great. If you have AWD or a good RWD set-up you can demolish then for a small period depending on how fast your car is. I'll find a way to post my time slip, no 1/8 speed but I have some around 100+MPH and I hit the 1/8 around 6.4's So yes I hit 0-100 in around 6ish seconds, probably around 6.2 to be almost exact. You do realize I have an AWD Auto right? They get out of the hole hard and don't loose boost so they haul once they get moving. No Bike stock will do 8's Busa's with perfect riders do mid to high 9's and most people who ride them stock try to break into the 9's.

Looking at stats for a stock 1000, they run [email protected] with a pro rider, not a normal rider with experience who will probably do it in [email protected]. Funny part is that those times are what the Evo was running so given that the rider wasn't pro and probably weighs easily more than the pro rider the race was expected to turnout that way.

Sad part is you have be proven wrong and still argue.

24. mtnbikekid08

Blah blah blah. you're all talk

25. mtnbikekid08

:fawk: