Street Fighter IV Crew v.endallbeall

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by posey, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. posey

posey the funniest things are said in the fewest words..

Here's some helpful info I have found for both noobs and experienced players....

Xbox 360 Crew:
    ll P053Y ll...............FantasticDuck
    TJPax.....................JeepinJPax
    Dukemen................Dukemen
    MyKCLz.................rek1esswun
    a-money................am0neyissosick
    EscapingJail............EscapingJail iP
    elementxero............el3m3ntxero

Sean.....................aquiNo 914

nubian...................CAPTEN AWES0ME
    ski........................skifreak107
    vitamin dew............vitamin dew
    Simplicity................nyuro
    Chaotix..................Soularz
    maks......................Japakneez360

Minty Fresh.............Minty Fresh FTW
    Azazel28................Lurker28
    tekmode................Polunsky
    Phreakazoid...........Phreakazoid28

billy bonka.............DopaminoZero
    camrrytt...............RealRoZk0u
    TeKKy...................TeKKy21
    TheGreatTonge.......tonge
    Javi.......................Javi
    db.........................kingasia
    SeedyRom..............SeedyR0M

EurophicSoul01........xengravity
    kroniko...................xkronox
    Pixelated Taco..........AbidingSet
    kjohnl.....................kjohnl
    Alvin...................AlvinDSM

Gavin....................gavn

PSN Crew:
    Pilz-E...........................whippet_1
    beddachedda.................beddachedda
    SR20magik....................SR20magik
    EG6..............................kevvur
    patrickd........................makeitrain87
    tfr...............................trey281
    cyc1120.......................cyc1120
    morphine......................cashisking1985
    waldo98.......................waldo951
    AgGoNy........................xAgGoNy
    Raimeiken......................raimeiken
    Pantyraider...................Pantyraider
    HotSauce0034...............Levati
    x3000gtx.......................jaxleftwich7
    Cicada..........................CicadaTehL337
    henroid........................outforprophets
    Eric Happy Meal.............EricTheRed
    GTslow.........................erogori
    niners..........................akihoshino
    mikeeb13......................mikeeb13
    juice4624......................juice4624
    en "bigsexy" deavor........bonaparte2
    charbaby......................SupercarGT
    crux..............................cruxofman
    Jcxzero..........................Jcxzerro
    Virt................................virtx
    assclown........................Nikos
    Rivers............................Rivers112
    tonpu............................tonpu99
    someonenew..................PBEmmit
    Dox...............................Doxxus
    Alien..............................AznAlien
    datboiwilly......................w_vo
    huangsta........................huangsta
    juice4624.......................juice4624

DLC
    Gootecks Player’s Guide To Street Fighter IV
    http://gootecks.com/3s_to_sf4/gootecks.com-The_3rd_Strike_Players_Guide_To_Street_Fighter_4.pdf

Complete Character Move List
    http://www.mahalo.com/Street_Fighter_4_Moves_List

Prima's SFIV Guide
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H7KTTOOL

Achievement/Trophy List
    Character List
    How to Unlock Characters
    Colors/Personal Action Unlocks
    Stamina, Stun, Dash and Jump rankings

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/05/stamina-stun-dash-and-jump-rankings-street-fighter-4/

Combos and tactics

BnB, Bread and Butter: Refers to a bread and butter combo or technique for a character. Usually this is one combo or technique that almost everyone uses because it's highly effective.
    Meaty, early, getting-up moves: This means to use a move as your opponent is getting up so that only a few frames of the animation hit them, instead of all of the frames of animation. Meaty moves tend to have big active frames — frames where your opponent can be hit — making it easier to land an attack as the other fighter stands.
    A Meaty move is useful because it shortens the wait time before you can do another move, which leads to many additional set ups and throw tactics.
    Cheaps, Throws and Cheese: This means hurting your opponent with moves that people deem too easy to do, or too powerful. For example, in the Street Fighter 2 series, some players consider excessive throwing to be cheap, as it does a good bit of damage and can be hard to counter if you do not know how.
    But most players seem to believe, "All is fair in love and war, and Street Fighter," and as such throwing or using almost anything else isn't taboo.
    Canceling, Cancel, Super Canceling, Cancelable, 2 in 1, Buffering: These mean to cancel the animation of one move to go into another. If something is, "cancelable," that means you can interrupt the animation of this move with another.
    Link: Timing the ending animation of one move so that the next move you do comes out at the precise moment the other one ends, resulting in a combo.
    Chain, Dial-a-combo, Target Combo: A Chain combo is when specific normal moves cancel into each other. For example in Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike, by pressing standing light punch, light kick and then medium punch in quick succession with Yun he will perform a 3-hit combo.
    Tick throwing: To do a quick or mostly safe attack and then immediately throw your opponent. Usually this is difficult to counter and easy to do.
    Whiff, Miss: A move that misses the other character entirely, sometimes done deliberately to set up another move, or bait the opponent into thinking your guard is down.
    Cross, Cross Up: An attack that makes the other fighter block in the reverse direction they would normally have to. For example, if I'd normally block by holding left on the joystick, to successful block a 'cross' I would have to hold right.
    Armor Breaking Move: An attack in Street Fighter 4 that cannot be absorbed. For example, Zangief's EX-Flying Powerbomb can usually absorb one attack and still follow through and grab the other fighter.
    Doing an armor breaking move after Zangief does his EX-Flying Powerbomb would knock Gief out of his attack, not allowing him to absorb the hit.
    Super Armor: This is an attack move that can absorb one hit in Street Fighter 4. For example, Balrog's (Boxer) EX-Dash Punches can take a hit and still follow through to attack your opponent.

Street Fighter Lingo

Lag tactics: Using/abusing the lag (latency) associated with online play to do tactics that normally aren't viable if you were playing someone face to face.
    Dropper, Puller: Someone who leaves X-Box Live! matches when they lose before the match is over, resulting in the other player not receiving a win.
    GGs, Good games: Commonly said to another player after a match or a set of matches whether they earned it or not as a sign of respect and good nature.
    Scrub: Someone who thinks they're a great player, but actually sucks.
    XBL, X-Box Live!: Microsoft's online gaming service where people can play Street Fighter over the Internet.
    PSN, Playstation Network: Sony's online gaming service where people can play Street Fighter over the Internet.
    Theory Fighter: Discussing tactics, strategies and theories with other players. Usually it breaks down to people arguing about why a certain tactic is, or is not effective, and offering several reasons for their opinions.
    Spamming: Repeatedly doing a move over and over and over again, usually a "safe" attack that cannot be countered easily.
    Turtle: Someone who fights in a extremely defensive style, taking very few offensive risks and countering the moves his opponent does. Turtles are regarded as boring to watch, but their play style is effective.

Moves

Focus Attack, FA, Saving Attack, SA: Focus Attack, sometimes known as a Saving Attack. This is from Street Fighter 4 and it's done by pressing both Medium attack buttons at the same time. This makes you absorb one hit and then counter attack. Because of the confusion with the SA acronym, most American players try to refer to this as a Focus Attack.
    UOH, Universal Overhead Hit: In Street Fighter 3 Third Strike this is done by pressing Medium Punch and Medium Kick at the same time with the joystick in a neutral position. This will hit a character blocking low.
    Super, SA1, SA2, SA3, Super Art, Super Move: A super move is most often a more powerful version of a normal move and usually requires your, "super meter," to be at a certain level to execute. The SA1, SA2 and SA3 acronyms refer to Street Fighter 3 Super Arts. Each one has a Roman numeral attached to it. For example, Yun's Genei Jin has a Roman number III in it, so it would be referred to as an, "SA3," which stands for Super Art III.
    Parrying: First introduced Street Fighter 3. It's done by tapping forward for high attacks and down for low attacks at the moment of impact. It enables the person who parries to avoid damage or to counter-attack without block or hit stun.
    Red Parrying, Guard Parrying: A red parry is accomplished by blocking a single attack of a move that hits multiple times and then parrying one of the later hits. For example, Dudley's Machine Gun Blow hits several times, if you block the first hit and then parry one the later attacks, your parry will flash a red color instead. Just simply a different way of parrying, no extra bonuses are given.
    Air Parrying: In Street Fighter 3 Third Strike this is done by tapping forward at the moment of impact when being attacked while you're jumping. You cannot tap down to parry attacks in the air.
    QCF, Quarter-circle forward: To roll the joystick from the down to forward position. [​IMG]
    QCB, Quarter-circle backward: To roll the joystick from the down to back position. [​IMG]
    HCF, Half-circle forward: To roll the joystick from the back to forward position. [​IMG]
    HCB, Half-circle backward: To roll the joystick from the forward to back position. [​IMG]
    360, SPD, Screw-pile driver, Spinning pile driver: To roll the joystick hitting 7 points on it. It's a popular misconception that you have to go all the way around to successfully pull off a 360, when in reality you only have to hit 7 points. [​IMG]
    LP, Light Punch, Jab: The weakest punch button. [​IMG]
    MP, Medium Punch, Strong: The medium strength punch button. [​IMG]
    HP, Hard Punch, Fierce: The strongest punch button. [​IMG]
    LK, Light Kick, Short: The weakest kick button. [​IMG]
    MK, Medium Kick, Forward: The medium strength kick button. [​IMG]
    HK, Hard Kick, Roundhouse: The strongest kick button. [​IMG]
    Fireball, FB, Hadoken, Projectile: If rolling the joystick from down to forward and pressing punch results in a projectile, many people refer to this as a fireball, or the fireball motion. An extremely common term in most fighting games to refer to a character's projectile attack.
    Shoryuken, Uppercut, DP, Dragon Punch: This move has went by many different names over the years. It's performed by pressing forward and then down and rolling the stick to down/forward position and pressing punch.
    DC, Dash Cancel: In Street Fighter 4 you can dash forward to cancel the animation of a move letting you execute consecutive moves faster.
    SJC, Super Jump Cancel, HJC, High Jump Cancel: Canceling the animation of a move with a Super Jump.
    FADC, Focus Attack and Dash Cancel: A term used in Street Fighter 4 where you do a Focus Attack and then cancel it with a Dash.
    Teching, Softening, Counter-Throwing: This is when you counter your opponents throw attempt to some degree. The results vary on the game you're playing. For example in Street Fighter 3 and 4, counter-throwing will result in both players taking no damage and bouncing away from each other a short distance, while in Super Turbo you'll still take damage, but it will be less than what you normally would have.

Alternate Character Names

[​IMG] Balrog, Boxer, M. Bison (Japan): Balrog's name was changed from M(ike). Bison when Street Fighter 2 was released in the United States because Capcom was afraid of a lawsuit from Mike Tyson, whom Balrog closely resembles.
    Thus in some circles he's simply known as the, "Boxer," to avoid confusion.
    [​IMG] M. Bison, Dictator, Vega (Japan): When Street Fighter 2 was pitched to Capcom USA's marketing department, they believed that the name Vega was a weakling's name.
    As such his name was changed from Vega in the Japanese release to M. Bison. To avoid confusion people refer to him as the, "Dictator."

[​IMG] Vega, Claw, Balrog (Japan): Originally known as Balrog in the Japanese release of Street Fighter 2, Vega had his name changed along with two other boss characters.
    To avoid confusion people refer to him as the, "Claw."

Focus Attacks & You....
    ***Credit to eventhubs.com and other websites for this info.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. AKing

AKing It's like we've got each others backs

I :bowdown: to you sir.

3. Richard Manuel

Richard Manuel OT Supporter

its available for dl at the usual places right now

waiting for retail release personally tho don't want a ban

4. posey

Apparently its already out in Japan, and I have seen several ppl playing online. The leader boards are filled with players from Japan as well.

Post up your GT/PSN if you are playing....

5. Chaotix

Chaotix New Member

In on the same boat. :hs:

6. whippet_1

whippet_1 Active Member

Will have this game in t minus 1 day. But for PSN crew who wanna take on YogaYogaYogaYoga, add me. I'll show u what this lil fucker can do.
    :bowdown:

PSN: whippet_1

7. Rivers

Rivers THROW AWAY LOGIC AND KICK REASON TO THE CURB

Day 1 for me :bowdown:

PSN Rivers112

8. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

I think I've got some credit over at Gamestop, probably go snag this on the PS3 tomorrow.

9. Kasumi Chan

Kasumi Chan Happy, joyous and free. But fuck off.

Waiting for my collectors edition to ship.

10. posey

What comes extra with the CE?

11. someonenew

video, mini strat guide, Ryu figurine couple of other things

IMO not worth double the cost of the game:o

12. TJPax

TJPax New Member

Can't wait. Going to pick it up during lunch tomorrow.

JeepinJPax on Live

13. Kasumi Chan

It was only about $15 more.

However, I got it from dell, and they're fucking me over. I called them today because the ship date said the 26th. Apparently when I ordered it it was in stock, but once I paid it had to be back ordered. Some fucker paid for it first.:squint:

14. Dox

Dox Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey. You've probably never

PSN: Doxxus

15. someonenew

saw it on Amazon for like 120:ugh:...probably just someone price gouging

16. assclown

assclown Active Member

You forgot trophies :hs:

PSN: Nikos

Also, what's up with no spectating during online matches. I REALLY hope they can/will add that.

17. Kasumi Chan

Wow.

18. assclown

assclown Active Member

Preordered the CE at Best Buy the other day. They had a shit-ton of them left. I was about to buy 5 and sell them because they are going for about double the price on eBay. :hsugh:

19. EscapingJail

EscapingJail Playing To Win

Already have it, my XBL is "EscapingJail iP", I plan to go to EVO for this. Mad training is ahead if anybody is serious about wanting to understand this game to it's highest levels of play than feel free to hit me up.

If your already a SF vet then also feel free to hit me up, I 'm always in the mood to learn.

20. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

Might get this tomorrow, haven't decided yet.

21. mikeeb13

mikeeb13 New Member

ordering tonight :hs:

PSN: mikeeb13

22. Cicada

Cicada OT Supporter

in for PS3 Crew

CicadaTehL337

23. Cicada

Cicada OT Supporter

does it come in tonight? or is the release date the 18th?

i preordered the CE -- gamestop jstu called me and said theyd get them in tomorrow afternoon? :dunno:

24. Genius/GZA

Genius/GZA OT Supporter

in for xbox

25. someonenew

if gamestop will have it tomorrow afternoon then I'd assume tomorrow

Amazon says it ships the 17th?:wtf:
    Best Buy says it's release is the 18th

who fucking knows:run:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.