Streaming to 360/PS3 help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Morpheus647, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Morpheus647

Morpheus647 New Member

So i'm having some problems streaming video files over my network. When I try to stream the file it takes forever to begin playing and then every 10-15 seconds it has to stop and buffer again. This happens on both my xbox 360 and PS3. The same thing happens using tversity or WMP11 to stream. If I set up a network bridge on the computer to the xbox 360 I am able to load the videos with no problems. Any ideas on how to set it up so that I can stream my video files to both consoles?

2. Omerta6

Omerta6 New Member

I'm assuming you are streaming over your wireless network?

3. Morpheus647

Morpheus647 New Member

4. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

i had issues like this and it just turned out to be an unreliable wireless connection. you don't always notice that your connection is dropping off while browsing the internet, but streaming needs a solid connection. i had to replace my router.

5. Morpheus647

Morpheus647 New Member

Hmm, possible but in the place where I lived last year I had all the same equipment and it worked perfectly. The only difference now is that my internet is a lot slower but that shouldn't affect streaming over the network at all.

6. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

yeah, mine worked fine for a while as well. routers sometimes go bad or start to overheat. check the logs on the access point to see if it is having connectivity problems.