Strange Mouse Problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RanciD, Jun 24, 2003.

1. RanciD

RanciD New Member

This just started happening after my sister decided to use my computer while I was mowing the lawn and she claims she didn't do anything but that's obviously BS. Now, every couple minutes when I'm just doing whatever the mouse suddenly slows down then stops despite me moving it around and a noise plays, like doo doo doo doo then a similar noise plays and the mouse works again. It's so freaking annoying and I can't find anything in Processes that might be causing it. I tried restarting my computer and had no programs open at all and it was still doing it. I checked my startup and there's nothing there that can be doing it. I have no freaking idea what the problem is. I did a scan with the newest Norton virus defs and it found nothing. What the heck is the problem? I'm going to start backing up stuff now on my secondary hard drive then I guess I'm going to format if I can't figure this out. I hate my sister!

2. Scn64

Scn64 Guest

It almost sounds like she installed one of those joke programs that messes around with the victim.

3. RanciD

RanciD New Member

Well, I found the problem. Apparently she spilled water or something on it and it's malfunctioning now, so ignore my previous questions but I have some new ones. I have an Intellimouse explorer.. it's about 3-4 years old. I still have the box and everything that came with it EXCEPT the paperwork and receipt. :rant2: The however says that it's got a "limited lifetime warrantee". If I call Microsoft or bring it to a store can I get it replaced or do I just have to buy a new one now (or rather, make my sister buy a new one for me :fawk: ).