Strange iPhone issue

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TheWeasel, Aug 14, 2009.

1. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Every time I load Maps my iPhone checks my email. I have everything set to check manually and also have all the accounts set to manually in the advanced menu too.

Anyone else's phone do this too?

2. Pepe

Pepe New Member

what do you mean checks your email? does your email open up or does it just notify you with the noise or a vibrate that you have new mail?

3. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

probably because it connects to the internet so it just checks your mail too. idk? lol

4. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

Never had it do such a thing...are you sure your email isn't setup wrong in the Settings?

5. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Vibrates and shows number of new emails on the Mail icon.

Positive that I have it setup correctly. Mail is set to check my 2 email accounts manually when I launch Mail only. Push is turned off. Set to Manually under the Push settings and then under Advanced, both accounts are also set to Manually. :shrug:

6. Pepe

Pepe New Member

so a small vibrate and your number of emails updating is really that big of a deal?

if anything i would think this would be a good thing.

7. tenplanescrashing

it definitely isn't horrible, but it sounds annoying.

8. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Just kind of annoying. I don't check my email from my phone often and as stupid as it sounds, it's annoying to have the little icon showing how many new emails I have. :rofl: Plus it's just weird that it chooses to check my email at that time.

9. tenplanescrashing

Don't worry, you're not the only one who is annoyed when they see the little number. I just can't stand it for some reason...

10. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Sucks cause my work email uses POP so even if I've read all the messages I still have to go through and open them one by one to make the number go down on the iPhone. Wish there was a way to mark all as read but from what I've found it can only be done through the terminal which I don't want to bother with.