Strange HDTV issue

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by AutoEuphoria, Jul 29, 2008.

1. AutoEuphoria

AutoEuphoria New Member

I have a Samsung 65 series HDTV that I've been having an issue with lately, but the problem is kind of strange. It's done this both before and after I got a stand-alone home theater system (a really small/cheap one from Sony), and only seems to do it with the PS3. Here are the details:

- Happened both before and after adding audio system
    - Audio system works by having one main unit (also the sub) that you plug everything into (right now have the cable box HDMI, PS3 HDMI, and audio components for the 360), and a single HDMI cable that plugs into the TV
    - During gameplay (does not seem to happen regularly during movies, although it has done it once or twice) the screen will just shut off and the message "Not Supported Mode" or "Weak or No Signal" will show up on the TV.
    - If I shut the TV off and turn it back on, everything works fine.

So, I'm confused. It also happens more with some games than others...it happened all the time while playing MGS4, but happened less frequenty duing Assassins Creed, and doesn't happen at all while playing some other games like F1 Championship. It also ONLY happens with the PS3, but I don't think it's in the PS3 because again, it is fixed immediately once the TV is shut off and turned back on.

Just a minor annoyance, but I can't figure it out.

Any ideas?

2. up|dn

up|dn ಠ_ಠ

I would test a different hdmi cable to see if that fixes the problem.