GUN Strange AK mag problem.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by lugoismad, Mar 14, 2007.

1. lugoismad

lugoismad Active Member

Jul 22, 2006

I bought a dozen mags from Sportsmans guide. I loaded them, but I just realised I better check to make sure they all fit ok.

Some are almost too loose. Where as others are too tight to fit in the mag hole. The front part of the magazine, where it pivots at, is too large to fit in the hole.

Is this normal? My AK came with those 4 spots preground, so I didn't think I'd have any problems.
  2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jun 9, 2004
    a bit of play/wobble is normal in AK's, even more so with WASR's cause they dont have the support dimples. I'm betting its your rifle not the mag's. Probably need to take a dremel to it and fix the Century monkey fuck ups.
  3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    That's a WASR for you :hs: I believe Century, the company that imports them converted them to accept double stack magazines after the ban. Apparently they did a shitty job at it which resulted in a poor fit in some magazines. There is also no magazine well support (?) The little dimple which keeps the magazine from wobbling around.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  4. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

its normal. im guessing that the ones that dont fit are yugo/iraqi and or bosnian, maybe a waffle if you got one. bosnians are TIGHT in my wasr and some yugos are tighter then others.