FRK straight / gay interactions

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Pringles, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I have a male co-worker and friends that I talk to a lot and are homosexual. I guess I'm curious how other straight males interact with other gay males. I know this is judging, but I assume that they should be treated differently as they have different ideals. The one I interact with at work I always have awkward interactions with. IE I congratulated him on his marriage and went to hug, but it just turned weird. He wished me good luck on my upcoming school year as I left work and just kind of patted my shoulder. Maybe I'm just being a self-conscious prick, but I'm curious as to how others view or do this. It's not something you can pick up in my opinion.

sorry if this is self-conceded or offensive, I'm just trying to learn since I never noticed it from my peers.

2. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

I wouldn't/haven't treated a gay chick any different than any of my other chick friends.

3. BedBunny

BedBunny Guest

:werd:

4. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

you interact with him as you would any other male coworker, gay or straight. What they do in bed has little to do with how YOU and he should interact as friends and coworkers. No reason tot treat him differently.

5. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Well said.

I have tons of gay friends, a co-worker or two, etc. My interaction is the same. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with the workplace or friendship.

6. spooney

spooney WTF Sony?

I can see what the thread starter is saying, I don't treat my female coworkers the same way as I do my male ones, I don't want to seem overly friendly and have me being a nice guy be mistaken for an advance or something like that.

If you have someone who you know is sexually interested in men, be that person male or female, wouldn't you be more careful with your language and actions around that person in an attempt to avoid making that person feel harrassed?

7. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Not all gay guys are flaming and not all flaming guys are gay. You probably interact often with gay or bi people and just don't know it and you treat them no differently because of their sexual preference.

8. demosnat

demosnat New Member

To be honest, I feel much more comfortable with someone when I know he/she is gay

9. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

you should definitely blow all your gay male friends. to gays, putting their pen0rs in your mouth and pleasuring them is an assertion of your dominance and straightness :o

10. pojoWRX

pojoWRX comics, indie hip-hop, home theater, Subie and dad

:h5: slo crew

11. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I treat people based on their individual personality, not their sexual orientation. I try not to make general states towards homosexuals, because most gay people (and all people) I know are completely different from one another.

I used to have a problem with some of my more flamboyant gay friends getting all huggy and what not, but really that doesnt bother me any more. If a gay friend wants to come give me a big hug, cool. I hug and get close to female friends I am in no way attracted too, I dont see the difference. The only thing may be that people will look at YOU weird, but thats one of those things I dont care much about in life.

12. DatacomGuy

You make a point, but I don't think it applies to this conversation. At all.

13. BlondieAMC

BlondieAMC New Member

You treat them the same way you would treat any other person. Just because someone is gay doesn't make them a different person. We are all humans, and we all like being treated the same.

The same can go the other way as well. Do you think your gay co-workers post things about how they should treat a straight male co-worker? I highly doubt it.

What i'm getting at, is it's ok to treat them as you would anyone else. They would expect you to actually.

14. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

how/why is this in freakyshiat?

But, to answer the original poster's question: I usually kick the shit out of the gays if they try to talk to me with their gay mouths and probing gay eyes. They're nasty...

(kidding, of course)

I approach everyone how I would want to be approached... from behind and with lube.

15. DatacomGuy

16. wing_nut74

wing_nut74 New Member

Every gay guy that i am friends with is a cool guy that just happens to dig guys.
    I sort of see where you are coming from, but just remember this; the minute you start to second guess how you should act, you quit being you.
    The fact that you feel you need input on how other people feel on this, to means you are thinking about it too much. Their sexuality has no bearing on your life.