LGBT Straight drama?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by cedric, Jul 21, 2004.

1. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I have at least 3 friends, all guys, who seem to spend the better part of their time with their girlfriends fighting. It's happened countless times, where they say they can't go out because they have to talk with their gf's on the phone or some other stupid bullshit. I've heard both sides of their stories, and the girl always say it's the guy being an asshole, while the guy says that the girl is just wants attention. It's not that the girls are bitches or the guys are dicks, the girls are perfectly nice in person, and the guys have always seemed nice and caring to me. However, when they get together, they just seem to make each others' lives miserable. They break up and make up so often that I don't even bother keeping track anymore. I don't understand why they bother to stay together if they're just gonna piss each other off.

I dunno, it just seems like petty shit to fight over, especially coming from my perspective. At my stage in life right now, it just seems like I have so much more stuff to worry about in my own relationship than unnecessary drama. Whenever my friends come to me with their relationship problems, I usually show absolutely no sympathy, because their problems seem so stupid. Before I stopped caring altogether, my usual response would be: "you guys sound miserable together, just get it over with and dump her already...and for godsake don't get back together again this time!"

Why does it seem like I know more straight couples in dysfunctinoal relationships than normal ones? Is it just the result of the people involved being too young to know any better, the guy being a negligent asshole, the girl being a needy, self-centered drama queen, or a combination of all 3?

2. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

i think all three play a role. That is why you probably radared in on them :).

I always preach the importance of taking a step back at times like these to really decide who youre friends are. If you find yourself putting more time into friends that don't return the favor, then its time to move on cause the friendship has worn thin.

If you are friends with the guy for example and not his g/f, i would just politely say that what goes on between you two is your business and whatever problems you have with your g/f needs to be discussed between the two of you and not an outside individual. The problem with most relationships is the lack of compromise and communication.

3. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

They Just Need To Get Laid.

4. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I honestly think that's what keeps the relationships together sometimes.

5. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

I don't think it has anything to directly do with "str8 or gay"..etc couples but just relationships in general. I've heard a good share of drama related relationships in the gay community as well. :sad2:

:werd:
    but the good friend always gets an ear ull when there's some sort of fight or disagreement :hs:

6. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Being truer to themselves (ie: I really don't like her any other time) would make their lives a whole lot better.

7. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

VERY true.

8. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Mother-fucking :werd: to the nth degree. :o

There is just as much drama in straight relationships as there is in gay relationships. Drama knows no sexual preference boundaries.

9. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

10. Josey

Josey Guest

Mother-fucking :werd: to the nth degree. :o