SRS story about loving my best girl friend..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phrozen11, Jun 26, 2007.

1. phrozen11

phrozen11 New Member

the thing is i know i love her...i can guarntee it.

it all started 2 years ago when i first met her through a friends..she was soo beautiful but going out with some guy and i just met her (this was in 10th grade mind you) but we became friends, just friends.

both of us may have been attracted to eachother, i was for sure, idk about her cuz she was dating but we didnt say anything and were great friends..sometimes talking on the phone for 4-5 hours but it was actually FUN. so we continue to be great friends, eventually escalating into best friends in 11th grade and once again we would hang out, and talk on the phone all the time..everyday.

during 11th grade summer she told me she liked me and so did her friends...a week later she didnt for some reason..but the thing is she played it up HUGE..hanging out and talking even more then usual..and doing it more romactically..then..at the beginning of this summer..i let her know how i feel..and we are both VERY good friends now so she understood..because of what happened before..she feels very bad but for me its not enough..

anyway one of my good friends went out of state this year to a school..now hes back and she likes him..and i am stuck here..because she knows i LOVE her very very much and i do..i think about her all the time and dream about her..and we've talked aobut it on the phone a lot but i cant get over her going out with someone who used to be my best friends..he doesnt talk to me anymore because of this..so they hang out a lot and i guess i feel used..because she played me, and i used to do is give her advice and make her feel better..i dont do that anymore..our relationship is more chill and i make her laugh but always remind her i love her..and she knows but she says she loves me as a best friend RIGHT NOW..

once summer is over my "best friends" who she likes..because she said she has never been in love..will be out of state and me and her will be at the same school..she said things can change there. but this weekend there are fireworks and im thinking of taking her for a walk and with the fireworks at night..and then just asking her out to get an honest answer..

basically, its kinda long im sorry, but what do you think i should do..im kinda stuck loving her and i cant get her out of my head but at the same time she likes my best friend..but i love her..even tho if she went out with my best friend it would only be temporary..which to me just screams..im a whore..any advice..anything..please

2. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Well you can really screw things up between you or things can work out great...I think its worth taking a chance.

3. phrozen11

phrozen11 New Member

yeah..ur right and i was actually gonna say that but i forgot..one night we really had a serious talk but we ended up agreeing upon that neither of us want to regret loving eachother..we both love eachother in different ways but we dont want to regret it..im just figuring out if theres something more i have to do..or just sit back and wait? it sucks that she likes my former..BESt friend tho..specially since hes a dick and she even admitted i was right saying he would treat her bad

4. JBfoyoazz

JBfoyoazz *********

I'm in a similar situation. It started in 8th grade, I'm 22 now. we had a short lived relationship in 8th grade (if you would call it that) and we decided that we should just be friends. she is the only girl I have kept as a friend this whole time, And I have always been there for all the bullshit she's been through. we went to prom together, shit like that, knowing that i had feelings for her this whole time, but not as strong as they were at first. we went our separate ways for a few years, but still kept in touch, living in the same town the whole time. for the past year or so, we've been hanging out regularly, meeting up at bars and having a few drinks, that kind of shit. I thought I had out grown my feelings at this point. Saturday we met up at a party, danced all night, held hands and shit. she had a little too much to drink, so she asked me to drive her car to her house, and I could crash there. We sat up at her house talking for a few hours, decided it was time to go to bed, I said that I would sleep on the couch, she insisted that she had plenty of room in her bed. we laid in bed talking for a for a little bit, she fell asleep on my shoulder (I didn't sleep). now the original feelings I had way back in 8th grade are back x10, and I fucking hate it.

5. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

In other words... she isn't interested.
    Continue the friendship if you wish but I wouldn't expect anything to change. She seems to have made it clear she isn't interested. Since she is your friend, obviously she is doing it as lightly as possible but its still there.

6. phrozen11

phrozen11 New Member

ahh yes the thing that makes this so confusing though is that she said she liked me during the summer beacuse we were such good friends..but at the same time she doesnt want to go farther beacuse she doesnt want to ruin the relationship

7. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:werd: Never miss out an a great adventure

8. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Its worth a try or you will regret it forever, you'll have tons of friends in your lifetime don't worry about ruining a friendship

You are in man go for it don't let that opportunity pass you by don't wait too long to talk to her about your feelings

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sorry sweetie, but it sounds like you lost out on your chance long ago by never making a move to be more than "just her best friend." That was your mistake and now you can learn from it. You are young, so it's a good thing you can change things for your future. You are going to college after the summer and will meet hundreds of new women that you can start fresh with and not get friendzoned.

10. JBfoyoazz

JBfoyoazz *********

how long is too long? My friends told me to wait a week to make sure the feelings are still this strong.

11. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

I wouldnt wait that long :hs: unless this girl is a complete cocktease it sounds like you are in

12. phrozen11

phrozen11 New Member

yeha...and now my "best" friend and her are going out..ive avoided her calls and messages for a day...idk what to do

13. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

I hate seeing dudes who befreind a girl just because they want to get in their pants, then realizing they fucked up too much into the freind zone and cannot find a way out.

14. JBfoyoazz

JBfoyoazz *********

For me, it aint about tryin to get in her pants.