storing the car over summer

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by fade, Apr 15, 2003.

1. fade

fade tie your shoe bitch

ok, so OT doesnt have a general car forum, and euro thread seems to be the coolest, so im posting here.

im leaving the country over the summer (starting may), so i will be storing my car here in los angeles. home for me is back in indiana, so i really cant take it home and leave it in my garage.

what do i need to do? disconnect the battery, get an oil change, get a car cover... thats all i can think of right now. i want my car to be running when i get back in mid-august!

how much does car storage usually cost? i may be able to do it for free, but if that fucks up, i need to rent something. :o

2. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

Is there anyone you can trust to just start it up every week or so? It should be someone REALLY close to you. Best bet would be to take it home and have one of your parents start it up every week and run it for a few mins. Ask a mechanic at a service station. They should be helpful. Or ask at some repuable place, I'd hate to say AutoZone, but find an older employee who knows cars. My sister's b/f is a mechanic, I'll ask him tomorrow what would be best.

3. fade

fade tie your shoe bitch

yea i know it would be best to start it up everyweek, but im basically in LA for school, and i dont know very many people here. :sad2:

plus my battery is so fucked up i'll probably need a new one. (the battery connections are all fused together :eek: )

4. Pottenza

Pottenza Bangkok Jam

how long are you away for?

and what car you driving?