storing products in cold garage?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by CyberEye, Oct 19, 2005.

1. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

My garage isn't insulated, so it will get pretty cold in there in the winter (aside from the times i'm working in there with the woodstove going). Should I store my products (polish, sealant and wax) in the house for the winter?

2. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

If it's going to get near freezing, yes I would. Freezing can damage them. Luckily mine is insulated and never gets below 50, so I leave them there year round.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Agreed. Keep your polishes and waxes from freezing.

4. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

just brought them inside :wiggle:

forgot to bring in my clay though, bah i'll get it tommorrow.

5. Dusty Bottoms

Dusty Bottoms OT Supporter

Same here. Have to haul them in every Fall and back out every Spring. I hate doing it, but they will freeze solid if I don't.

6. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

I have an enclosed 14x5' Interstate trailer which is not insulated and I live in the mountain area of Calif which the weather gets damm cold sometimes. What I do is I get a horticulture propagating heating wires and put the heating wires on the bottom of my boxes that has all my detailing supplies which I have a lot of and place a blanket on top. I just got to remember every night to plug it in on those cold winter nights. Or you can put hot water in gal milk container with your detailing supplies covered with a blanket but that gets old after a while. Normally depending how cold it is I just put a blanket on top of things, when it gets to cold then the heating wires. Then the weather gets to cold to work in for week/s yea I bring the supplies inside.
    I know putting your supplies in the house every day gets old depending how far you have to travel. Other things you can look at is a heating pad that turns on only when the temp gets about freezing. A picnic cooler/s /w a hot water in gal milk container / heating pad that will keep your detailing supplies from freezing and place it on the concrete.

7. NEGROTIATOR

NEGROTIATOR New Member

Gotta love SoCal it virtually never gets too cold here.