storegrid.. powerful backup possible remote backups on the cheap v. anyonetriedit?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by whatrick, Oct 30, 2006.

1. whatrick

whatrick New Member

just stumbled across this:
    http://www.vembu.com/

been running it at home for a few days testing it out. I am using the free version which does not allow remote backups but allows up to a 3 computer network (so just not remote in terms of on the other side of the planet).. regardless it seems extremely powerful and cool. :)

I am looking to run the pro version which allows for remote backups between peers. I have a friend who is also into this so basically it will allow us to have encrypted remote backups (it is improbable to be able to get into each others backups since it is up to 448 bit based on blowfish). .. on the cheap. which is good in case of cataclysmic failure .. say your house burns down or is broken into and someone steals all your shit or for one friend whos (now) EXwife bashed the shit out of his computer with a baseball bat. Mostly though, for my friend that has a small business that told me about it, it is added insurance for his clients and gives him some peace at mind.

It seems too good to be true.. anyone used it? anyone have any critique? :dunno: