GUN Store Manager Arrested After Chasing Robbers after being robbed 3rd time in 3 weeks

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Mar 23, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Store Manager Arrested After Chasing Robbers, Pointing Gun
    Employees: Pep Boys Robbed For Third Time In Three Weeks

POSTED: 12:26 am EDT March 23, 2007
    UPDATED: 11:37 am EDT March 23, 2007
    Email This Story | Print This Story
    MANCHESTER, Conn. -- A store manager who has had crooks hit his store too many times decided to go after them himself.

On Thursday night, however, two suspects were still on the loose and it was the manager who was in jail.

It was the third time in three weeks a generator was stolen off the shelves at the Pep Boys in Manchester, according to store employees.

When it happened again Thursday, the manager was armed with a gun. Employees said their boss chased the suspect out of the store and into the parking lot, where he pointed the firearm directly at the thief.

But, because the manager went on the offensive, police said he could face a long list of charges that include breach of peace, NBC 30's Brandon Rudat reported.

"My boss saw him grab a generator tonight, walk out the door, throw it in his truck, and he pulled his gun to stop him," said employee Dave Sciaudone.

"… All I can say is I've never carried a gun in my life, and I never knew my boss carried a gun, but I can't blame him for being upset because these guys are robbing us," Sciaudone added.

Witnesses in the parking lot said they heard gunshots being fired. Investigators used flashlights and spent over two hours looking for shell casings.

But police later learned the sound of loud bangs was the suspects' vehicle backfiring.

Police were still looking for the robbers, but the only man reported to be in custody Thursday night was the manager.

"Use a gun for your own self protection, but you know there is a line that you can't cross with it. When you're running through the parking lot chasing after a suspect brandishing a gun (its no longer self-defense)," said Manchester police Sgt. Christopher Davis.

"He just tried to stop them to pull them over to catch a thief, and he's the one that got caught," Sciaudone said.

2. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

that fuckin sucks. i thought that shit was covered by insurance anyways. either way, bad deal for a guy who just tryin to do the right thing. how about installing cameras instead?

3. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

He needs a good lawyer. Claim that he though the backfires were gun shots so he drew his weapon.

4. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

i dont see why he was arrested. Threatening with deadly force is not the same as deadly force...Cops draw on people they cant justify shooting at that point in time every day.

oh wait, it's conneticut....

5. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Breach of Peace? W.T.F.
    And terrorizing the same store with multiple robberies ISN'T a Breach of Peace? Ok.

6. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I would love to be the cop that has to take the report on that one...

"Yes, officer, I went in to innocently rob the place, and this guy started chasing me with a gun! We were scared for our lives!"

7. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

pretty brave criminals to not stop with a gun drawn.

8. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

Wtf is with these cops. I would never charge an owner with that. He was running them off. Now if he shot them in the back that might be a different story...