Stopped by Micro Center today and they offered me Accidental Damage coverage for MBP

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Unknown User, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Unknown User

Unknown User New Member

Told them that I bought my MBP from the Apple store and they said no problem. I paid $2500 for my MBP and using their quote guide, it shows that I can get 3 years of full accidental coverage + warranty coverage (not AppleCare) for $579.

The guy basically said that people have gotten it and just smashed their machines and brought them in. They've given the people a full refund on their electronics purchases in the form of a Micro Center gift card (they are Apple authorized reseller). Once the replacement coverage is used, the contract is void. For warranty and parts replacement claims, the coverage is fine for up to 3 years. Oh, also, your machine needs to have at least 90 days of factory warranty left. I asked if AppleCare would be considered factory warranty because you could essentially have AppleCare for 2.5 years and then purchase this for an additional 3 years on top of that. He said he didn't know for sure but not sure why it wouldn't work. Also, you need to be able to present the receipt for your electronics purchase so that they can verify the claim amount before you buy the warranty.

I'm thinking about it. In a few years, perhaps my MBP might fall "by accident" and I might be able to score a new one.

Thoughts?

2. hellsspawn

hellsspawn New Member

so basically, for 579 you get a 3yr parts and labour and a 9mo smash it warranty then?

3. Unknown User

Unknown User New Member

No, 3 years of parts, labor, and accidental warranty. You can only buy the plan if you have 90 days left on your factory warranty.