Stop talking to ex?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Say you dated a girl for about 6 months 5 or 6 years ago, it wasn't a very serious relationship, and you decided that you were better friends than you were bf/gf, so you decided to just be friends instead.

Now say you start dating a girl seriously. Is it fair for your gf to tell you to not talk to your ex anymore, even tho you've been good friends with her for the last 5 years?

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I don't think so. I don't think you can really get away with telling someone who and who they can't talk with.

I'd recommend talking to your gf about this. It kinda makes me think that she must be really insecure. If you had broken up with your ex like a month ago or less, than I would understand your gf not wanting you to talk to her.

But if it's been 5 years.....come on.

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Well, we kind of took a break, a few weeks ago, and my gf slept with someone else on our break, and I slept with that ex. My gf knows this. But honestly, doing so reconfirmed to me that there will really never be any feelings there except as a good friend. Does that change the answer a bit?

Honestly tho, it's kind of pissing me off. I really like my ex as a friend... we don't hang out much, but we chat online and stuff just because we get along really well like friends, but I swear, there are NO feelings there. My gf is kind of giving me the "me or her" ultimatum, which I think is BS (she is pretty insecure, probably because she is gorgeous, and most really hot girls are insecure).

And seriously, as fvcked up as it sounds... A 5 year friendship vs. an 8 month relationship... I love my gf to death, but I really think I might pick my friend over her if I had to. Partially because her giving me an ultimatum like that kind of seems indicative of future problems to me... what do you think?

4. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

No fucking way. Does your current gf provide any reasons for this or does she just tell you it's not ok?

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

She said she doesn't want me picking an ex over her. I said I'm not sure how me wanting to talk to a friend constitutes picking an ex over her... just because we happened to date a while ago? But I think it's the recent hookup that bugs her.

6. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Tell her that if u wanted to be with someone else, you would. But you want her. You understand that she's worried, but she needs to understand that she really has nothing to worry about. Her telling you not to hang out with ur friend would not stop you from wanting to get with ur friend. The point is that you don't want to be with your friend, you want to be with your gf, and all things considered, it's ridiculous of her to expect you to drop a 5-year-long friendship! You're a better person than that ... and that would be wrong of you.

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

If there were no feelings at all there then you wouldn't have slept with her. I think she is being perfectly reasonable by not wanting you to be friends with the ex. Does she still hang out with that guy that she slept with? If you are willing to give up the relationship with your gf for an ex then it sounds like she would be better off without you.

8. comax

comax New Member

If you slept with the ex then the current chick should not be cool with your friendship. It will always look like you're keeping a backup girlfriend ready.