SRS stop smoking commercials

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 1badbird, Feb 1, 2009.

1. 1badbird

1badbird New Member

Anyone else think they are evil???
    i can deal with smoking on tv, movies etcetera, but when the commercials come on all i want to do is have a smoke. Is this marketing evil for the product or am I just being sensitive?

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

wait, so seeing a commercial against smoking makes you want to smoke-but seeing 007 light one up doesn't? :rofl:

cravings are the funniest things arent they :)

3. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Basically any time the issue of smoking and addiction is brought up, and they focus on it and make a big deal out of it, it reminds me of how badly I could use a cigarette. When it's just a casual TV/movie scene where somebody's smoking and they don't put any big emphasis on it, it doesn't really catch my attention.

4. igotyofire

igotyofire New Member

eh i think its a waste of money....I wonder why you never see any other specific drugs....

5. i killed tupac

i see a lot against meth these days, which is good, although they are graphic

I feel you on the anti smoking stuff, sometimes it makes me want to smoke again, and i haven't smoked in 2 years! Its less of a "want" to smoke, and more of a "thinking about" smoking, like i would think about the color blue if somebody said it. Addiction is a #$%# sometimes.

6. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

It's interesting what triggers us. Feel free to change the channel. :) Or perhaps you should ask yourself some questions about those commercials like:
    What is it about these commercials that I find appealing? or
    What do I hope to gain or escape from by returning to smoking?

I try NOT to ask myself questions like: Why am I having cravings? or Why can't I STOP having cravings? because they don't seem to help me learn about my addictions. However, the earlier questions do.

7. Dissent

Dissent OT Supporter

i fucken agree! i was telling that to my friends when we saw a an anti-smoking commercial. watching those anti-smoke commercials makes want to have a cigarette. i'm very aware of the risks im taking when smoking but you dont got to shove it in my face. i just think they are not helpful at all. im telling you those anti-marijuana are not helping kids stay away from it its actually making them curious about it and wanting to go try it out.

8. i killed tupac

This is great advice.