Stop-Loss

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by BradNowell, Jan 10, 2008.

1. BradNowell

BradNowell New Member

This new flick Stop-Loss with Ryan Phillippe and Channing Tatum looks pretty good...

One of my boys from college ended-up joining the Marines right after 9/11 and had to deal with this just before he'd finally finished his tour...:down:

2. Jaykro

Jaykro New Member

I read somewhere that it glorifies desertion...hopefully not havent seen the trailer though

3. BradNowell

BradNowell New Member

Here's a link to the trailer, if you want to peep it...

I don't know about 'glorifying' desertion, tho!? It's not some kind of propaganda flick...but, it definitely deals with the real life issues that our service members have to deal with, today...

4. Jaykro

Jaykro New Member

interested, now I'm looking forward to seeing it

5. BradNowell

BradNowell New Member

That's cool, Jaykro...and awesome that you approached it with an open mind!!!

I think some people out there are trying to give it a bad wrap, solely because it deals with the controversial issue...and I don't think most people have seen anything but the trailer...if that, even!!??!

Anyway, should be cool to see how the finished product turns out...

6. BradNowell

BradNowell New Member

If you haven't seen it yet, I kinda like this poster that they have out for Stop-Loss...I like the choice of colors...still patriotic, yet still a bit darker...really intriguing.

7. Persephone

Persephone New Member

Looks interesting. Going to be a thorn in the side of the recruiting efforts though.

I still joined and would do it again and again though.

8. Persephone

Persephone New Member

One thing people fail to realize though, when you sign your contract you sign for 8 years.

No matter what. You may only be active for 2, 4 or 6 but they can keep you for 8 if need be. Everyone is told that when they sign and shouldn't sign without accepting that fact, PERIOD!

9. BradNowell

BradNowell New Member

You're very brave, Persephone; and we all definitely appreciate your service to our country!

That's interesting...I've actually tried to ask my buddies who are in the service about the policy, and it seems that many just don't know, or aren't even affected by it...so it's cool to have your insight!!

Hopefully, (...and it's my guess, that...) instead of effecting recruiting efforts; this film will just serve to tell a story and build general awareness...

10. Persephone

Persephone New Member

Thank you very much for your support. :wavey:

Most aren't affected by it but before I signed my contract it was made very very VERY clear to me what it entailed.

Most movies like these do effect recruiting efforts but I do hope it makes people more aware as well.

Unfortunately I have a feeling it will be one sided and won't even mention the fact that you are signed for 8 years and not 2 4 or 6 like most are lead to believe. Anyone who even considers the military should thoroughly research what is all involved in serving. Not just the perks.

2 more weeks till basic!!!!! :noes: