Stoopit question about how to put MP3's on a CD

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Keyser Soze, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Guest

I'm new at this, so excuse my ignorance.

I've burned regular cd's onto cd-r's for the normal 74 mins of music.

Do I need another program to burn MP3's onto CD-R(W)'s to get the 10 hrs of music that all the manufacturers are now advertising? Can I record my normal CD's into MP3's and then make MP3 CD's? What's the best program? Any suggestions? Thanks!
  2. DaBman4DSC

DaBman4DSC Guest

no, just burn em as files, not audio..
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

What he said. Mp3s are data files rather than CDI or what ever the cd audio format is.. escapes me at the moment.

Anyways, that's prety much it. Burn them "as is".
  4. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Guest

So I'd use the "data" selection on my burner instead of "audio"?

Next question: how would I get music off my CD's and onto the computer as MP3's?

5. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Guest

To complete my ignorance on this subject...

Can I use audio CD-R's to burn the MP3's onto, or do I use data CD-R's? Thanks again!!
  6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Guest

Can I use audio CD-R's or do I need to use data CD-R's? thanks!
  7. mgs333

mgs333 Guest

all cdr's are the same, there is no 'audio' cdrs and no 'data' cdrs.
  8. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Guest

You might want to check that, 'cuz there is...

"Not all blank CDs are created equal
    Lots of stores sell blank discs that are intended for use with computer-based CD recorders. However, blank computer CDs are not compatible with audio CD recorders, so be sure to use blank audio discs (the logo on the packaging must include the words "Digital Audio"). "
  9. b.c.skunk

b.c.skunk Guest

k your not getting good advice here ;) to get the 10 hours of music your talking about just burn them "as is" but know that only cd player's that can decode the mp3 format will play them. a lot of new cd players will. if you whant a disk that will play in any cd player (car etc...) you have to convert them to .wav and burn them but you only get the 80 minutes (or whatever the cd holds) as for what kind of disks to buy i always buy midrange priced cd's or whatever's on sale and have never had a problem recording cd's for whatever purpose. as for copying them onto your computer afterward just stick the disk in the drive and play them from there :)
  10. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Guest

Thanks BC. I've been recording regular CD-R's now for a couple of years. It's funny- I had a relatively new Aiwa portable CD player that wouldn't play CD-R's, so I had to get a new one. That was annoying.
    Anyway, I'm planning on getting the Pioneer DEH-P7400MP, and wasn't sure about how to get the 10 hours of MP3's onto a disc- or how to make MP3's out of my exisiting CD's to put on the 10hr discs.
    But I had a friend download a program for me to make MP3's out of my CD's, so I'm all set in that aspect.
    And from what I'm gathering from everyone here, I just burn a CD-R as if the MP3's were data files (which they are), and that'll set me up to play the MP3 CD's in my car (for 10 hours or so). Right?
    Thanks again for all your help!

11. b.c.skunk

b.c.skunk Guest

that looks like a sweet cd player. it does decode mp3's so yes just burn them as as. at around 5megs or so per song you should get 140 songs on a disk or so. enjoy that deck!
  12. m4m4 l0n9

m4m4 l0n9 New Member

Oct 23, 2001
    If you have Easy CD Creator 5 you dont need to convert the mp3s into WAV. :fawk:
  13. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

Nero burning rom does the converting for you. Just drag the mp3 files to the burnlist. MusicMatch jukebox also rips the cds into mp3.