"stolen" phone..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SweetPoison, May 30, 2007.

1. SweetPoison

SweetPoison New Member

So I bought a phone from someone..in really good shape but I went to activate today and they were unable to..first when I tried, Sprint told me that they were unable to activate it because the previous owner still had their service on it, and couldn't until they called and cancelled it. So I thought "ok no big deal". Then I went into the Sprint store and tried again, and this time they said that no service was showing up on the phone, but it was reported as stolen [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ... I know I'm probably SOL but just wanted to see if there is ANYTHING I could do..I wish I knew who the origional owner was who reported it, so I could give them back their phone, but its hard telling in these kind of situations... [​IMG] I got it from ebay, (yea yea i know) the seller had good feedback tho and no one mentioned any problems with their things, so I thought I was safe...

Ok sorry just wanted to vent a little...

2. kEVOgt350

kEVOgt350 Like a flashlight on but lost, my energy's there b

can you drop it off at the store and have the company notify the owner that it's been found?

that sucks, i'd compensate you for it if i had lost the phone. how much did it cost you?

3. SweetPoison

SweetPoison New Member

The lady @ Sprint (who was very nice btw) said that they are SUPPOSED to confiscate the phone, but since she knew the situation she wouldn't just incase I could somehow get it activated.... but I would like to return it back to the owner, if possible. She said that it would probably end back up on Ebay again.

All together the phone cost me $197.99 ... for a $400 phone..but sucks it can't be put to use

4. kEVOgt350

kEVOgt350 Like a flashlight on but lost, my energy's there b

well it looks to me like you've got yourself a fancy new paper weight then :ughd:

5. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

you should contact the seller and tell them you want your money back or else you will put in your feedback that they sold you stolen goods as well as report them to ebay. if they don't address it, then follow up on it with ebay as well as in their feedback. also, if you bought it with a credit card, i'd put a halt on the payment.

forget trying to get service on a stolen phone. you'll probably end up dealing with BS forever.

6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison New Member

the payment already went through...
    i was stupid and left good feedback after i got the phone, didnt even think about waiting to leave feedback AFTER the phone got activated, wasn't really expecting that shit to happen...
    and i'm going to try to file a claim thru paypal , been trying to figure out how to do it but i'm not very familiar with the whole process

7. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Go to the cops. If the phone was stolen, a crime was committed. If you keep the phone, you are an accessory after the fact.

Or you could just let the guy that sold it to you know that you will be going to the cops to report the theft if you don't get your money back.

8. SweetPoison

SweetPoison New Member

cops around here don't give a shit about anything... but definitely worth a try!

the number on the phone was out of california but when sprint looked up the ESN they said that the phone was involved in a scam in florida... makes you curious about what actually happened

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007