GUN Stoeger Model 2000 .12

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by notaniceperson, Jan 31, 2009.

1. notaniceperson

notaniceperson -I'm an ASSHOLE!

Stoeger Model 2000 12

My wife just came home with one for me as a suprise! Over all it seems to be a very nice shot gun, it uses the inertia recoil system which is licensed by Benelli.

It is my first new shot gun, the only other one being the rusted out 16 ga I relieved my FIL of as a result of his dementia.

She said she ALMOST bought me a .45 revolver as well...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  2. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

.12 is really small
    :mamoru:

3. lump

lump New Member

.12 and a .16

be careful with those, might blow your shoulder out.

4. cantankerously

cantankerously Active Member

Lots of people are turning to the Stoeger for hunting because they don't feel as bad beating up a $400 gun rather than a $1200 Benelli.

5. notaniceperson

any one know where I can find accessories to modify this thing? I am thinking folding stock right off the bat.

6. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

keep the stock, and get a mercury weight for it, it won't kick for shit. That's my hunting setup

7. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

folding stocks are bad news on inertia shotguns. Pistol grip stocks need some tweaking to get them to run reliable because the recoil is different (not as strait back) which the shotgun needs to cycle properly.

The Stoegers are a good value so enjoy your shotgun just don't kid yourself that it's close to a real benelli.

8. notaniceperson

Says the glock guy.

But thanks for the information on folding stocks.

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

just like xd's, m&p's, sigmas, and all these other striker fired clones are not glocks. Don't see your point.

10. In what way? If it functions and can put rounds on target, then isn't it doing what good shotguns are supposed to do? Is the fit and finish not as nice as a Benelli? Obviously you are giving up something by not buying the Benelli, but what it is, and does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? It is clear that you are trying to imply something here, rather than just come out and say it. Can you tell us what makes the Stoeger a functionally lesser shotgun than the Benelli (and what REAL impact that would have on a casual shooter), or is this just pointless elitism to make the threadstarter feel less excited about his shotgun?

11. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

you're kind of a fanboy

12. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

It's the same parts out of the franchi, berretta, and benelli, just made out of turkey instead of some itallian plant. It's not the same gun, it's a combination of the three and and runs perfect. What's your point?

13. eric5678

eric5678 striving for mediocrity OT Supporter

I've had one for a couple of years. It has been a good scatter gun and I have put quite a few cases of shells through it.

One problem that I have had with it is trying to cycle light loads. Mine just won't do it.

14. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

The heat treat on the metal and the quality of the metal is nowhere as good as the benelli. the workmanships is different too. The benelli has less moving parts and is slightly lighter. The benelli just seems to cycle faster and is more reliable. The guys that show up with the stoegers at the 3 gun matches never seem to run. I've seen one snap just below the extention and it was because of the metal and the heat treat.

For several years I was a remington shotgun whore. I really really wanted to standardize on the 1100 and shot that platform for many years. What it came down to is the benelli is the lightest, cleanest, and most reliable of the semi auto shotgun. Didn't want to and resisted doing so but I have now accepted that the benelli is the best out there and have since switched.

15. And what does any of that have to do with a casual shooter who was excited that his wife bought him a shotgun as a gift? The vast majority of comments I've heard about Stoeger are positive, and people in here that have them have said only positive things about them as well. The thread starter made no mention of Benelli in his post, nor did he claim his shotgun was better than anything. What practical purpose did your "don't kid yourself" comment have?

16. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I said "The Stoegers are a good value so enjoy your shotgun". It's fine for casual use. The don't kid yourself it's not a benelli is said to all stoegar owners or people considering stoegers around here. It's not derogatory, it's just the truth.

17. elgranto

elgranto New Member

I have a p-350 for my beater duck gun. I absolutely love it.

I loved it so much I bought a uplander in 20ga for a bunny gun and now I use it for everything from bunnies to pheasants.

18. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

My stoeger's has shot dove in argentina, shooting high volumes of shells at a high rate of speed. It's also shot duck locally complete with ice and mud. I beat my guns, and the stoeger has held up with no problems. Even my glock, perfection, can't say that.

Maybe the craftsmanship on the benelli is better, maybe it is slightly lighter. But I transitioned from a mossberg, so a few ounces aren't a big deal.

It's not a benelli, but I'd say it's better. Because it's what, a thousand dollars less? I'll keep my extra thousand, thanks. Seems the only stoeger haters are the benelli owners.

19. cantankerously

Take it for what it's worth, but i've sent back several Stoegers for repairs. That's just something you should expect when dealing with a $400 auto loading shotgun. The internals, while similar to the Benellis, are not made out of the same quality components.

That being said, i've NEVER seen a Benelli or Beretta break short of the operator handle breaking off - and i've only seen Berettas do that.

20. cantankerously

You can make that argument for any line of firearms. It's still not very compelling.

21. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

maybe i got it after the edit, but here's the smoking gun

22. :o

23. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

That and wont be making that argument when it breaks when you need it most

24. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

MY PUSSY HURTS